Deadpool & Philosophy

A place to discuss anything Deadpool that just doesn't fit in one of the other forums

Deadpool & Philosophy

Postby Wolfette » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:54 am

I basically just now entered the digital age, and while I was clearing data and looking for more Deadpool issues and goodness to fill up my first ever smart phone, I saw a title that intrigued me. It's called "Deadpool and Philosophy", and it's available for download. However, I decided to buy an actual book because I'm a technophobe and books are not only informational, they're deadly when thrown with enough force! Here is a link:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/deadpo ... 1123442682
Wolfette

Re: Deadpool & Philosophy

Postby cc008 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:51 am

This actually sounds really cool. Please let me know what you think of it and if it's worth reading. (I too prefer physical copies of books, as I was born completely in the wrong generation)
cc008

Postby Wolfette » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:29 pm

This book is actually quite interesting. The writers seem to have a pretty decent grasp on the history of the character. I'm honestly surprised.
Wolfette

Postby Antonio491 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:10 am

I think it's pretty cool. I'd like to know what you think about it and whether it's worth reading. (As someone born in the wrong generation, I also prefer physical copies of books)
Antonio491

Postby godisabuddhist » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:15 am

I have this book and it isn't bad but my biggest gripe is that most of the writers only reference Deadpool or 'know' him via the movies. You can tell a lot of them watched the first movie and then went on some philosophical walk thru the woods. No offense to the MCU, Fox, Ryan Reynolds, et al but the films barely scratch the surface of DP, especially from a philosophy angle.
godisabuddhist

Return to General Deadpool Discussion