Deadpool #1 in November

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Deadpool #1 in November

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am

So we have our answer to who's looking after DP in the new #1:

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1161380069517824000

https://youtu.be/zZGcjZvPO7Y?t=60

Spoiler:
DEADPOOL #1

Written by KELLY THOMPSON

Art by CHRIS BACHALO

Cover by CHRIS BACHALO

Deadpool’s newest mercenary job has him going after the King of Monsters, who has claimed a new kingdom for his monstrous subjects…on Staten Island! But you know what they say, when you come at the king, you better not miss! The Merc with a Mouth finds himself neck deep in political intrigue, monster law, and a monster hunter out for blood! It’s like The Crown but with even more swords and monsters! Can Deadpool’s smooth charisma and deft diplomacy allow him to keep his head, or will he be royally screwed?
anthonyv8

Re: Deadpool #1 in November

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am

Dammit! - beaten by:
Roshambo wrote:https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/08/13/deadpool-new-series-kelly-thompson-chris-bachalo-/

in the SDCC thread!

This is what I get for doing work at home rather than just playing around on the Internet :lol:
anthonyv8

Postby PoolFan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:23 pm

As I said in the other thread, I’m not really familiar with Kelly’s writing. I do remember the DP cameos in Mr & Mrs X being funny. I noticed a lot of conflicting views about here style online. There are some people who down right hate her writing, citing her work in Captain Marvel. I read the first few issues and there were a couple things that didn’t work for me. The dialogue between Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel sounds like a couple of high school girls instead of grown women in the middle of a battle. She needlessly reuses jokes/references, I.e. Spider-Woman is falling/ can’t fly, Nuclear-Man’s misogynistic “on your knees”. She also writes Tony Stark like he’s moronic, tail chasing, dude bro who is easily bested by Captain Marvel’s witty banter.

She has said on her Twitter that this DP story’s, “very fun but with a definite deeper edge that cuts pretty hard. aka ALL THE THINGS I LOVE.”

All of her followers seem to be extremely excited about this news, even those that “never cared for Deadpool before” have said they plan to pick it up based solely on her involvement.

Also, as I said in the other thread, I dug Chris’s work in SM/DP.

You know I’ll be buying it all no matter how it turns out.
PoolFan

Postby PoolFan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Deadpool #1
11-20-19
Covers:
Regular
Blank
Finch
Finch (Sketch)
Yoon
Gomez (Mary Jane)

Deadpool's newest mercenary job has him going after the King of Monsters, who has claimed a new kingdom for his monstrous subjects...on Staten Island! But you know what they say, when you come at the king, you better not miss! The Merc with a Mouth finds himself neck deep in political intrigue, monster law, and a monster hunter out for blood! It's like The Crown but with even more swords and monsters! Can Deadpool's smooth charisma and deft diplomacy allow him to keep his head, or will he be royally screwed?

Regular

Finch

Gomez
PoolFan

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:10 am

According to Newsarama, it's been delayed for a week. Now it will be released on November the 13th, instead of the 6th.

Also, Marvel has released two more 'teaser' variants:

By John Tyler Chrisopher

By Greg Land

Anyways, looking forward to read it!
Lovingtacos

Postby misterviking » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Comics featuring Elsa Bloodstone will never be a bad thing.
misterviking

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Agreed! But I'm afraid we will have to wait a little longer to read it.

Issue #1 has been delayed again; from November the 13th to November the 20th. #2 has been delayed as well, from December 4 to the 18th :(

Meanwhile, we have another 'teaser variant' from the great David Baldeón:
Lovingtacos

Postby PoolFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Deadpool #1 variant covers available from https://robliefeldcreations.com and http://www.scorpioncomics.com

PoolFan

Postby PoolFan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:53 pm

1:50 Yoon Variant

TheComicMint.com exclusive variant

PoolFan

Postby godisabuddhist » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:42 pm

ComicList hasn't had the new DP in either last week's list (the original drop date) or this week. Has it gotten pushed back more?

Nevermind - I just saw they posted next week's list and it is on that.
godisabuddhist

Next

Return to Comics