SDCC News?

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

SDCC News?

Postby keakster » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm

I've spent the last hour scanning all coverage of the Marvel Comics panels and have not been able to find anything about upcoming Deadpool books, or if he's going to be on a team ...

Anyone else find any news / speculation?
keakster

Re: SDCC News?

Postby PoolFan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:39 pm

I didn’t see anything all weekend. I really thought there was going to at least some movie or cartoon news but, nope. :|
PoolFan

Postby keakster » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Wishfully thinking they are going to leave his comics on the back burner while they figure out the movie / cartoon stuff, then come out with a big announcement ...
keakster

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:01 am

It's looking like we're getting the new series #1 in October - this was only apparently figured out thanks to a variant cover that was shown - see: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/19/marvel-comics-relaunch-deadpool-1-october/

The October solicits should be out soon, so more then, I guess?
anthonyv8

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:32 pm

So, the October solicits are out... no Deadpool #1: https://www.newsarama.com/46255-marvel-comics-october-2019-solicitations.html

Hmmm. Looks like November then? I did think it was odd that they'd ship the last Absolute Carnage tie-in issue and the new #1 in the same month, but double-shipping was common for DP under Duggan.

I'm half wondering if a new DP title will be launched when they do a new Wolverine title - i.e. we may get another mini-series after Absolute Carnage until this 'second-wave' of new X-Men. The Mary Jane variant then is weird as that was meant to be an October-thing. :?
anthonyv8

Postby keakster » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:07 am

Reading some of the Hickman interviews makes the direction he's taking the X-books seem exciting, and they have set up some really interesting team books. But hoping they find a way to slot DP into the overall narrative in a meaningful way, rather than have walled off in his own book only
keakster

Postby godisabuddhist » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 am

Sorry for the possibly naive question: but DP v5 is ending? I just thought Skottie Young was leaving and they had a new writer coming in.

I didn't realize I was that out of the loop
godisabuddhist

Postby keakster » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Yeah issue 15 is the last one. No solicits for it beyond that.
keakster

Postby Lovingtacos » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:41 pm

keakster wrote:Reading some of the Hickman interviews makes the direction he's taking the X-books seem exciting, and they have set up some really interesting team books. But hoping they find a way to slot DP into the overall narrative in a meaningful way, rather than have walled off in his own book only

Agreed. That would be the raddest thing to do DPL

Regarding the solicits issue, could it be possible they are doing a distinct annoucement these days? I'd swear they have revealed items post-solicits before. Of course, a delays are always there.

On a side note, Gail Simone teased that her (and David Baldeón's) Marvel Comics #1000 story will be a Deadpool one. We'll see!! Hopefully it extends to somethin else ;)
Lovingtacos

Postby Roshambo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 pm

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/0 ... -bachalo-/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Roshambo

Next

Return to Comics