Change to Deadpool's costume in post-Skottie Young DP title?

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Change to Deadpool's costume in post-Skottie Young DP title?

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:49 am

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but a few sites have run pieces on artist Patrick Gleason joining Marvel to work on Spider-Man. There was an image posted with the story that is supposedly the 'new look of the Marvel Universe' - see https://www.cbr.com/marvel-patrick-gleason-exclusive-deal/ and https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/05/patrick-gleason-debuts-new-look-marvel-universe-jumps-dc-comics-marvel-exclusive/

The reason I bring this up is that DP is included bottom right -
Spoiler:
his outfit is definitely different to the recent one. The DP logo is missing on his belt, replaced with crossed axes. He has a big-ass gun and an ammo belt across his chest. I can only see one sword (although this may just be the angle), and there's a lot of random crap that I can't make out around his waist (including a dog stuffed toy?). The uniform under all of this looks much simpler than the recent one - simply this artist's interpretation or DP's look to come?
Last edited by anthonyv8 on Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
anthonyv8

Re: Change to Deadpool's costume in post-Skottie Young DP ti

Postby PoolFan » Wed May 08, 2019 8:45 am

That is definitely a lot of unusual weapon placement for DP. Is he going to war? Going back to being a hardcore assassin?
PoolFan

Re: Change to Deadpool's costume in post-Skottie Young DP ti

Postby cc008 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 am

I was examining that as well when the picture was released. First, I was delighted to see him included on a banner like this. Then being behind Black Cat, it was hard to tell what was attached to Wade's belt and what was just flying off of her lol.
cc008

Return to Comics