May 2019 Solicitations

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

May 2019 Solicitations

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:45 pm

New issues:

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE WAR AVENGERS #1
Spoiler:

DENNIS “HOPELESS” HALLUM (W) • KIM JACINTO (A/C)
Variant Cover by Nick Bradshaw
CAPTAIN MARVEL AND HER WAR AVENGERS HOLD THE FRONTLINE!
While two other Strikeforce teams head out to other realms, Captain Marvel leads the fight to reclaim the Earth! But even with a crew of heavy hitters (Weapon H, Captain Britain, Venom, Deadpool) and two of the best spies on the planet (the Winter Soldier and the Black Widow), Carol’s fighting a losing game. Malekith’s allies are without number — and the battlefield bigger than any Carol’s commanded before. Time to lay it all out on the line — and fight for a miracle.
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
FOC 4/15/2019, ON SALE 5/8/2019

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #50
Spoiler:

ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
JIM TOWE & MATT HORAK (A)
Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
THE BIGGEST CLIMAX OF THE BIGGEST MARVEL EVENT OF ALL TIME!
• An epic 50th issue — guaranteed to blow your socks off! READ WITH EXTRA SOCKS!
• Spider-Man and Deadpool fight the Manipulator for the fate of the entire Marvel Universe!
• I HOPE THEY PULL IT OFF! I REALLY LIKE THIS UNIVERSE! I’M SO WORRIED!
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

DEADPOOL #12
Spoiler:

SKOTTIE YOUNG (W)
SCOTT HEPBURN (A/C)
GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK!
• The brutal, bloody final battle between Deadpool and Good Night!
• Even if Deadpool survives, will this blood ever come off his hands?
• I dunno, y’all. I want to write a joke or something here, but this mess is INTENSE!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
FOC 4/8/2019, ON SALE 5/1/2019

DOMINO: HOTSHOTS #3 (of 5)
Spoiler:

GAIL SIMONE (W)
DAVID BALDEON (A)
COVER BY R.B. SILVA & GURU-EFX
Behold! The Creation Constellation!
• What does it do? You know, besides incite an international arms race between the most powerful governments in the world...
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MAJOR X #3 & #4 (of 6)
Spoiler:

ROB LIEFELD (W) • WHILCE PORTACIO (A - ISSUE #3)
BRENT PEEPLES (A - ISSUE #4)
CoverS by ROB LIEFELD
With the X-Istence threatened, Major X has no choice but to leap through time to save it. With a little help from Cable and Wolverine, can even the Major overcome the terrible threat of an infamous killer with the initials DP? [Both issues appear solicited together, can't tell if 'DP' is going to be in both]
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

Trades:

DECADES: MARVEL IN THE ’90S — THE MUTANT X-PLOSION TPB
Spoiler:

Written by ALAN DAVIS, LARRY HAMA, PETER DAVID, FABIAN NICIEZA, SCOTT LOBDELL, JEPH LOEB, JOE KELLY & JOE CASEY
Penciled by ALAN DAVIS, MARC SILVESTRI, JOE QUESADA, RICHARD BENNETT, CHRIS BACHALO, STEVE SKROCE, JOE MADUREIRA, ADAM POLLINA, ED MCGUINNESS & JOSE LADRÖNN
Cover by JOE QUESADA
Celebrate 80 years of Marvel Comics, decade by decade — and see how Marvel’s mighty mutants dominated the Notorious Nineties! As the X-Men’s popularity exploded, the X-books were the place to be — and there sure were a lot of them! From EXCALIBUR to the radically revised X-FACTOR to two (count ’em, two) books for the X-Men alone! Generation X learned the ropes, while X-Force kicked butt! Wolverine searched for secrets of his past, Cable struggled with his destiny, X-Man explored our strange new world and Deadpool began his rise to superstardom! But which ’90s nemesis would prove most deadly: the Legacy virus or the mansion’s latest inhabitant…Sabretooth?! Collecting EXCALIBUR (1988) #42, WOLVERINE (1988) #48, X-FACTOR (1986) #87, X-MEN (1991) #27, GENERATION X (1994) #4, X-MAN #5, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #328, X-FORCE (1991) #55, DEADPOOL (1997) #2 and CABLE (1993) #64.
240 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-91772-2
FOC 4/22/2019 [Sale date not specified]

Extra:

MARVEL STRIKE FORCE: THE ART OF THE GAME HC [He's in the game, so I think it's safe to safe he'll pop up in this book, too]
Spoiler:

Go inside the creative process of the hit mobile game Marvel Strike Force! When Earth comes under attack by the Kree menace Ultimus, in an unholy alliance with A.I.M. and Hydra, Nick Fury recruits an unlikely band of heroes and villains for the Special Tactical Reserve for Interdimensional Key Events — S.T.R.I.K.E.! This volume takes you behind the scenes with the artists who designed Ultimus, the game’s version of Fury and, of course, your favorite agents of S.T.R.I.K.E. — including Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Gamora, Groot, Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Wolverine and Black Panther…not to mention the likes of Crossbones, Carnage, and Loki! From turn-based mobile battles to a genuine page-turner, this is one truly striking Marvel art book!
240 PGS./All Ages …$50.00
ISBN: 978-1-302-91906-1
Trim size: 8-1/2 x 10-7/8
FOC 4/15/2019 [Sale date not specified]
Lovingtacos

Re: May 2019 Solicitations

Postby PoolFan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Thank you again for posting these! Do you have the March list?
PoolFan

Postby cc008 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:24 pm

The War of the Realms issue sounds really sweet. That's an awesome team.
cc008

Postby godisabuddhist » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Is Deadpool Major X or are they two independent characters?
godisabuddhist

Postby Lovingtacos » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:00 pm

PoolFan wrote:Thank you again for posting these! Do you have the March list?

Posted!: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=934

cc008 wrote:The War of the Realms issue sounds really sweet. That's an awesome team.

Indeed! Really looking forward to it :)

By the way, have you continued reading Young's series? The voice is different for sure and some jokes don't land (though most do!), but it's worth the read. And It's building up future plots continuously. #6 my favourite so far.

godisabuddhist wrote:Is Deadpool Major X or are they two independent characters?

They are two independent characters. Deadpool is just showing up in the mini. But I wouldn't discard they'll become one and the same at the end! ;)
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:41 pm

No, I stopped reading with issue #3. It felt like it was going nowhere fast and I needed to start being more strict with what books I was buying monthly. Hopefully with Young's announcement that he's leaving the title after #15, someone will come on with fresh ideas and I can read my favorite character again.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Thank you for the heads up!

I have to admit I feel quite indifferent. I haven't been enthusiastic about the series but was starting to get ahold of it, thinking it was leading somewhere... and as I have told you, there's been good material (#6 is really good). But this news dispels every feeling.

It's kind of funny to learn that it's ending this soon if we remember how excited Young said he was to have a shot at the merc... I can't help but think it'd been better if he had passed the chance. With the pace the series has had until now, I smell a deus ex machina coming... Unless whoever comes next chooses to follow Young's setup somehow for a while.
Lovingtacos

Return to Comics