Subscription boxes with Deadpool - May/Spring 2018

Discus all the new Deadpool toys, shirts, and everything else.

Re: Subscription boxes with Deadpool - May/Spring 2018

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:11 am

misterviking wrote:Yeah I am not getting any of these emails. :(

I found that the email settings in my account were actually set to 'off' - I fixed this and the emails started coming through again.

misterviking wrote:Some boxes are still waiting to be shipped from November. And although apparently the incoming shipping increases is meant to mitigate things in the long run, they've even said themselves that it won't guarantee stuff running on time.

And, as if on cue, the update on the site now says another week's delay: https://help.lootcrate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010550512
anthonyv8

Postby PoolFan » Fri May 17, 2019 12:48 pm

They must be really hurting for subscribers. It’s now 50% off. Wish I would have waited.

PoolFan

Postby PoolFan » Fri May 24, 2019 8:14 pm

The “Breakn’ It” Loot Crate arrived today. Underwhelming as usual. I am linking the list of items under the spoiler tab.

Spoiler:
PoolFan

Postby anthonyv8 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 pm

PoolFan wrote:The “Breakn’ It” Loot Crate arrived today. Underwhelming as usual. I am linking the list of items under the spoiler tab.

I saw I had my email with the tracking info in my inbox - not sure why they ship the international orders at a different time to US, but at least it's on its way.

Looking at what PoolFan said (and the other pics at https://hellosubscription.com/2019/05/deadpool-club-merc-march-spring-2019-full-spoilers/) it looks like we got
Spoiler:
somewhat of a contractual obligations box to finsh out the 1st year subscription - an apron they already sent in Box 1, a pair of sunglasses and a katana cooler that were most likely originally meant to be part of Box 2 ('Stay Sharp'), and a pair of socks that were probably left over from one of the LC clothing crates. The pin is probably the only thing was was actually created for this crate... And why wasn't the print (slash contents card) that was sent made from the promo image like the others have been so far? I really wanted that Shirahama image as the print! [See https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/57435/deadpool_2015_1_shirahama_variant/shirahama_variant ]
At least I like look of the pin, and I can always use another pair of sunglasses (it is bright here in Aus!). The katana cooler looks decent enough - I'm sure I can display it somewhere. The re-use of the apron though is terrible. They obviously have a lot of them as they're selling them individually on their 'Loot Vault' page - they could have at least sent us the DP bunny slippers (that are also in the store) instead.

Disppointing.
By the way, are the
Spoiler:
sunglasses actually branded as DP in some way?
I can't find a clear image of this.

EDIT: Ah, my mistake
Spoiler:
it's not the same apron, just the same image that was used on the Box 1 shirt. You'd think they would have saved the apron for the next box ('Pool Party) as an apron makes more senses for that, and they could have said it was a callback to the first box of Year 1!
anthonyv8

Postby fignuts » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:40 pm

was very sad to just cancel my subscription to the club merc boxes. Most of the time the box itself was the only thing worth while. Was hoping for even small shelfworthy stuff. Four boxes and one head shaped pencil sharpener later, I cant waste more money.
fignuts

Postby anthonyv8 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:05 pm

My box finally arrived after 4 weeks (shipping company's fault, not Loot Crate's)

I think we're past spoilers at this point so...

I actually quite liked the can cooler/holder and the badge. The second apron and the socks I could have done without...

Does anyone know if the sunglasses are actually proper 'UV-protection' ones or are they just darkened? I haven't been able to find this info anywhere.

For those that are still subscribing, I've found what appears to be an image of the badge in the 'Pool Party' box - see here https://static.lootcrate.com/yrk2x9n6p9s5/2mF78B7TnJCxP2QfNyZxUV/e39ee8fdab0aec2e30735ecb1555b01b/Deadpool_Item_RevealArtboard_2_810x456_Image_Gallery.jpg

I have to say that it looks great - hopefully the rest of the box is of a similar level.

The latest box theme currently on the site also looks like it might be a winner ('Cable TV') - "We’re putting a Deadpool twist on some classic (legally permissible parodies of) TV shows you love, with stylish gear you can’t find on any infomercials! Also, Cable’s in it."
But we've been disappointed before...
anthonyv8

Postby PoolFan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:27 am

anthonyv8 wrote:
Does anyone know if the sunglasses are actually proper 'UV-protection' ones or are they just darkened? I haven't been able to find this info anywhere.

I seriously doubt that they have any kind of UV coating on the lenses. They are just tinted.
PoolFan

Postby PoolFan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:51 am

From LootCrate:

DEADPOOL "POOL PARTY"
SHIPPING UPDATE
Dear Looter,

We are sorry to report that the ship date for your Deadpool Club Merc “Pool Party” Crate has been delayed.

Your crate is estimated to ship in early August.
PoolFan

Postby misterviking » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:38 pm

PoolFan wrote:From LootCrate:

We are sorry to report that the ship date for your Deadpool Club Merc “Pool Party” Crate has been delayed.

To the surprise of absolutely nobody...
misterviking

Previous

Return to Toys & Products