Subscription boxes with Deadpool - May/Spring 2018

Discus all the new Deadpool toys, shirts, and everything else.

Re: Subscription boxes with Deadpool - May/Spring 2018

Postby PoolFan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:06 pm

I received mine today and am pretty underwhelmed. The scarf was the only item I liked. The pin, shirt and rings are so generic.
PoolFan

Postby anthonyv8 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:40 pm

PoolFan wrote:I received mine today and am pretty underwhelmed. The scarf was the only item I liked. The pin, shirt and rings are so generic.

Ah, my bad, the T-shirt wasn't in the reddit pic so I missed it (it is in the text below the pic)...
anthonyv8

Postby misterviking » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 am

Has anyone had any updates on the 4th Club Merc box? By my math it should have been out last month, and according to my account it's not even shipped yet.

Quick Edit, I found this image which suggests it should be end of this month/next month. Don't know how official it is, or where it's from, but it's a start. Also no explanation of why, other than a lot of crates seem to have been delayed.

misterviking

Postby anthonyv8 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:28 am

For anyone interested in re-upping their Club Merc subscription, I just came across this - it's late notice, but until 11:59pm PT on April 28th, you can get 35% off Club Merc subscriptions (any length) with the code EGGSTRA35. According to Google's clock, I'm posting this very early in the morning on the 28th, PT time, so hopefully this will be helpful for someone.

The 4th box is a bit late and should hopefully ship soon, but looking at the other 3, I decided to go in for another year. I used a discount code last time for my annual subscription and saved 25% (on top of the discount by getting 4 boxes). With the increase this year in shipping costs for international (and the fact that they're now charging Australian sales tax), the addtional 10% off with this code basically means that I paid the same as the last subscription. The first box was definitely the best, but the others have been worth what I paid so far.

The first box for the new sub is themed 'Pool Party', so that should be fun (I hope).

One thing to note - I cancelled my old sub and tried to add the new one straight away. This gave me an error message. Not sure if it was just a glitch, but I logged out and then back in again and it went through OK.

EDIT: The 4-box subscription gets you a free gift, as happened last time/year. Doesn't say what this will be...
anthonyv8

Postby misterviking » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 am

I just did as Anthony recommended. I added the new sub first, then cancelled off the old. Went through fine. Worked out very well financially for the UK.

Anthony, have you got any shipping information or anything for the March box on your account page? On my old subscription, it's not even showing the March box as upcoming, sent or anything. The new subscription shows Pool Party as upcoming.
misterviking

Postby anthonyv8 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm

misterviking wrote:I just did as Anthony recommended. I added the new sub first, then cancelled off the old. Went through fine. Worked out very well financially for the UK.

I actually meant cancel old sub first, then log out, log back in and place new sub, but as long as it works! Loot Crate are now charging Aust sales tax (which they weren't last year), otherwise I would have saved even more too... For those of us not in the U.S., when you factor in how much we usually have to pay for international shipping, the individual crates are quite reasonable for the 4-box sub.

misterviking wrote:Anthony, have you got any shipping information or anything for the March box on your account page? On my old subscription, it's not even showing the March box as upcoming, sent or anything. The new subscription shows Pool Party as upcoming.

From what I've seen the 'April' box (that orders ended for in March - not confusing at all) should ship according to the chart you've posted (which is apparently official). I only subscribe regularly to Club Merc (but have dabbled in the others) so I can't speak to whether this is accurate and boxes have actually ben shipping to this, but I when I was digging around I did see something about Loot Crate changing their shipping method (and costs) as a way to improve the late shipping problem. Hopefully it's not all talk. According to the chart there's a week left in the estimated window of time for Club Merc to start shipping - let's see what happens...

I have noticed that there's a difference in the view between the old sub and the new one. The old sub just shows what has shipped (using the 'last order' month for the dates) - nothing for upcoming. The new sub shows an 'upcoming' screen (with 'Pool Party), but I'm wondering if this is only until the 1st box ships, or whether it will be a new 'feature'.
anthonyv8

Postby anthonyv8 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:02 pm

Forgot to say - the banner for the sale is back on the site.

It looks like they've extended the EGGSTRA35 discount offer for another two days, so it's now 30th April at 11:59pm PT.

Maybe there was a glitch with the code at some point, and Loot Crate have extended the offer by a few days to compensate?
anthonyv8

Postby anthonyv8 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:57 am

Got an email today - Club Merc Box #4 (theme: Breakin' It) will apparently ship next week.
anthonyv8

Postby PoolFan » Thu May 02, 2019 9:22 am

Got the same email.

So do you think we will get the Year 2 Box 1 in July like the schedule shows?
PoolFan

Postby misterviking » Thu May 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Yeah I am not getting any of these emails. :(

By recent form? I doubt it. Some boxes are still waiting to be shipped from November. And although apparently the incoming shipping increases is meant to mitigate things in the long run, they've even said themselves that it won't guarantee stuff running on time.

They've gone so far downhill it's almost a little sad.
misterviking

PreviousNext

Return to Toys & Products