DEADPOOL Gets a 'Fresh Start' From SKOTTIE YOUNG & NIC KLEIN

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: DEADPOOL Gets a 'Fresh Start' From SKOTTIE YOUNG & NIC K

Postby Lovingtacos » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Duggan was there too, and said Young's ideas' for the book "blow his mind". I guess they want to keep the expectations up, as anyone in their position would. Then again, I don't think Duggan would lie... I don't know, we'll see.

In an interview Young said he wants to "forget the past and just tell fun stories" about Deadpool. More Simone/Mercs for Money vibes ;)
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:37 pm

I feel like that's every writer's way of passing the torch to the next creative team. By telling everyone that the book is in good hands and will be awesome.

Also, don't want to completely forget the past. There's a lot Duggan and Posehn have done that shouldn't just be left by the wayside.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:59 pm

cc008 wrote:I feel like that's every writer's way of passing the torch to the next creative team. By telling everyone that the book is in good hands and will be awesome.

Maybe you're right. I don't think it happens always, though. And Duggan doesn't strike me as the type of person that would make such a statement carelessly, judging by his Internet persona. Of course... this is little more than wishful thinking!

cc008 wrote:Also, don't want to completely forget the past. There's a lot Duggan and Posehn have done that shouldn't just be left by the wayside.

As long that their work is acknowledged is some way, it's fine. After all... Continuity is a tough issue in superhero comics, not to say it's actually impossible to follow in a logical way. Being positive, I'd prefer them taking a different route rather than composing a straightforward continuation of the Posehn/Duggan itineration just for the sake of it :)
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:06 pm

I just want them to recognize and respect the continuity. It really drives me insane when it's completely forgotten about for the sake of the story. No writer is bigger than the character.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 am

Agreed! That's why I don't dig how Way sets up his run. Nicieza ended Cable & Deadpool leaving Wade in a high note: he was surronded with friends, convinced to do the right thing and even accepted by the superhero community (Ben Grimm invited him to play poker!). Then, when Way took the torch, his situation was rather the contrary. It felt like an elipsis was made between the ending of a series and the beginning of the other one.

We still have to know how the current volume is to conclude, but by this moment they have made pretty clear DP is eager to merc again. Taking on from that point, as long as some facts are ratified (the existence of Ellie, having been an Avenger, etc.) I feel like there'd be some continuity. In this aspect, how Wade will react to each of this issues is important in continuity terms, of course.

Scott Hepburn will draw a 10-page back-up for the first issue, according to Newsarama. He will artist-rotate with Klein every three-to-four issues, too.
Lovingtacos

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am

Preview from the MU magazine released today!

Spoiler:
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Wow I f^cking love it. And the lettering is awesome!
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm

You said it, brother! It's marvelous (no pun intended)
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:01 am

Check out the name on the street sign too lol.

Very pleasantly surprised by those two pages. Really encouraging.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 am

Lol the references...

I feel the same. It put the biggest smile on me...

We're having a busy summer between this series and the Assasin mini :)
Lovingtacos

PreviousNext

Return to Comics