Deadpool Appearance List 2017-NOW

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Deadpool Appearance List 2017-NOW

Postby misterviking » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Dammit I wrote a comprehensive response but I got timed out before posting!

Quick version (so much time wasted) - analysing all of your can't sees and the pics.

All-New X-Men - I agree he's not in it. He's not listed as a character, but Future X-Men/Brotherhood Battle of the Atom him is tagged in the categories. I think someone copy-pasted the page template and didn't format it correctly.

Amazing Spider Man 14 - I think that's him. The data has him listed as appearing alongside the Unity Squad, and that looks like Quicksilver and Doc Voodoo in the pods next to him. I also can't think of who in the Unity Squad it would be if it's not him.

Black Panther & The Crew 5 - I'm happy that that t-shirt logo is the appearance, and I'll go along with that.

Captain America 12 - As mentioned above, I should have said it's a Heroes Reborn Swordsman appearance. He's there, roughly page 21 (IIRC)

Cataclysm - That's definitely who they think is him, but I'm not sure I agree, the patterning on the mask is incorrect. I'm not super familiar with the Ultimate universe though, I don't know who else it would be if it's not him. I'd say he's an odd choice to be there, but the Ringer is on the opposite page of the spread so who knows? I'm happy to go with what you feel there.

Fantastic Four 13 - As per the Cap A issue above. Roughlly page 19 or so I think.

Monsters Unleashed v2 3 - I agree, he's not there. I think it's another formatting issue on the sight, as there's a couple of pages that list him, Magneto and Dr Strange appearing in the character list, always in the same order, at about the same point. None of those 3 are there.

Weapon X 12 - I think that's intended to be him. Taking on the context of the whole page, they're all big Weapon X names in their "production". Logan and Creed are obvious, I'm 90% sure that's Garrison Kane bottom right, and that's probably Silver Fox bottom left. As such, there's no other Weapon X subject who looks like that except maybe Slayback if you're really trying for one? And I'd be shocked if it's him. I'm going to say I think that's Wade.

What If we've discussed above, just waiting on Mauro.

X-Men Blue 16-18 - Same issue as the All-New X-Men issue. Not in any of them.

X-Men Gold 14 - So, this is the tricky one. If he's there, it's on the last page. Top left you have the Horseman. White Cloak is definitely Moon Knight. Orange skin could be Wade, but I think Colossus is more likely due to the flash of blue you can see on his costume. The horseman far left is off page, and the one far right I think you can just see his head - it's the same colour as the orange horseman's horse, but the shape is inconsistent with the other horses heads/necks. I think that's the other Horseman's head under it's cloak, miscoloured. If it is, then it has to be Deadpool, as Venom doesn't have a cloak and is massively misshapen.
misterviking

Postby misterviking » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:01 pm

It was fun going over them all! Looking through I couldn't believe we'd missed so many (BEN WHY HAVE YOU FORESAKEN US).

Thanks so much for doing loads of the legwork in checking. I'm going to start picking up some of the issues next month (I may have used some less than legitimate sources to check the ones we weren't sure on just now...)
misterviking

Postby misterviking » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:05 pm

The good news is that's the Marvel Database thoroughly mined, I also went through every Alternate Universe Pool they had listed. I'd like to think we're now at as comprehensive an appearance list as we can possibly get, which is a bit exciting.

The Database is only fan maintained, mind, but they are some epic level power nerds and it's pretty comprehensive.
misterviking

Postby PoolFan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 pm

misterviking wrote:Cataclysm - That's definitely who they think is him, but I'm not sure I agree, the patterning on the mask is incorrect. I'm not super familiar with the Ultimate universe though, I don't know who else it would be if it's not him. I'd say he's an odd choice to be there, but the Ringer is on the opposite page of the spread so who knows? I'm happy to go with what you feel there.

X-Men Gold 14 - So, this is the tricky one. If he's there, it's on the last page. Top left you have the Horseman. White Cloak is definitely Moon Knight. Orange skin could be Wade, but I think Colossus is more likely due to the flash of blue you can see on his costume. The horseman far left is off page, and the one far right I think you can just see his head - it's the same colour as the orange horseman's horse, but the shape is inconsistent with the other horses heads/necks. I think that's the other Horseman's head under it's cloak, miscoloured. If it is, then it has to be Deadpool, as Venom doesn't have a cloak and is massively misshapen.

I'm going to say there is not enough definitive proof that these are Wade, AU or otherwise, to put them on the list.
PoolFan

Postby misterviking » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Fair.

I'm going to try and work out that Ultimate one. It's bugging me that I can't tell who it is.
misterviking

Postby mauro_azazel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 pm

[quote="misterviking"]

Here's what I've found to date:

Agents of SHIELD v1 #7 YES BG 7-13-16

and issue #8 also on the battle in the bridge

Amazing Spider-Man v4 #14 Yes BG 6-15-16

and issue #15 also when escape from the tube

Pic #3 Maybe the masked head in the middle

the masked one is effectively Ultimate Deadpool
mauro_azazel

Postby mauro_azazel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:13 pm

misterviking wrote:That's Harvest.

I've checked the issue too, with no joy. Mauro do you have a picture, or can you describe more precisely where in the issue he appears?

https://ibb.co/DkjkH8C

right here
mauro_azazel

Postby mauro_azazel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:36 pm

misterviking wrote:Dammit I wrote a comprehensive response but I got timed out before posting!

Quick version (so much time wasted) - analysing all of your can't sees and the pics.

All-New X-Men - I agree he's not in it. He's not listed as a character, but Future X-Men/Brotherhood Battle of the Atom him is tagged in the categories. I think someone copy-pasted the page template and didn't format it correctly.

Monsters Unleashed v2 3 - I agree, he's not there. I think it's another formatting issue on the sight, as there's a couple of pages that list him, Magneto and Dr Strange appearing in the character list, always in the same order, at about the same point. None of those 3 are there.

yes, it is, in a center panel with Hulk, Magneto, Nova and more heroes

misterviking wrote: X-Men Blue 16-18 - Same issue as the All-New X-Men issue. Not in any of them.

this is a pretty tricky case, he appears with the future brotherhood impersonating the x-men, but not in #16 and #17
mauro_azazel

Postby mauro_azazel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:42 pm

I can pass the list that I have checked
mauro_azazel

Postby PoolFan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 pm

mauro_azazel wrote:
misterviking wrote:That's Harvest.

I've checked the issue too, with no joy. Mauro do you have a picture, or can you describe more precisely where in the issue he appears?

https://ibb.co/DkjkH8C

right here

Ooooooooh! THAT Deadpool?!?! :lol: I looked through that book five times and didn’t see that.

PoolFan

PreviousNext

Return to Comics