Community

Discuss all the TV and Movies you are into

Community

Postby richeymitsu » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:22 pm

I have recently discovered this absolutely 1st class sitcom.

On the assumption that everybody here loves them some smart one liners, pop culture references and a touch of the surreal, there is no reason why you should not check this out!

I believe you guys are on season 3 over there? I have acquired the 1st 2 seasons, but as far as i know it has not been broadcast in the uk. Damned backward island!

The premise is that the main character, Jeff, is caught practising law without a licence and has to go to community college as part of his sentence. The other characters are his study group, in which the show revolves around, who includes Chevy Chase actually being funny again!

Highlights include Senor Chang, who I wish was my Spanish teacher

http://youtu.be/pUfVPKJCkQc

and the quality double act of Troy and Abed, who remind me of myself and my brother (which is truly worrying)

http://youtu.be/kzYMI89idEM

I honestly haven't laughed out loud at a comedy series so much as this.
Watch the links and check it out!
LIAR! Where's your toolbox? You've got ANTI-FREEZE!
richeymitsu

Re: Community

Postby scraggy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Everybody please watch this. It's honestly one of my favorite shows and it's hilarious. Sadly they threw out any plot they had after the first season and just show their adventures in the community college because it's ratings are down. I cannot recommend this show enough though. It has the funniest cast and it's a really good comedy. It's on NBC every Thursday at 8 here in America.
scraggy

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:25 am

I love this show, one of my favorites airing right now. It does one of the things I loved about Arrested Development, and makes reference or inside jokes to things that happened seasons ago, so the more you watch it the more you get out of it.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby dipper.f » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:20 pm

I've been watching this show since... just about since season 2 started. and yeah. incredible. and the theme song became one of my favorite songs to sing. I'm growing a tree in my mouth so I'm going to end this post here.
I can be Hurtful

I can be

I can be Anything you like
dipper.f

Postby Ramystein » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 pm

I like it. The 3rd season has been a little too out there but nothing to make me stop watching it. Still good to me.
Tickle me and rub my belly.
Ramystein

Postby cc008 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm so happy this show is succeeding.. with The Office (which imo is still an excellent show) eventually coming to an end one of these days, Community is going to make not having that show to watch a little easier.
cc008

Postby dipper.f » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 am

but, this show is based around their college years, the premise limits itself to 4 seasons. so....
I can be Hurtful

I can be

dipper.f

Postby cc008 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Thats true.. but the seasons could be broken down into semesters.. which is what I think has been going on. So thats 8 seasons. Which is the length of a successful tv show nowadays.
cc008

Postby dipper.f » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:25 am

no I'm quite sure it wasn't semesters... we've had christmas episodes in all seasons. unless you can repeat winter twice in one semester, I doubt it's being done that way.
I can be Hurtful

I can be

dipper.f

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:32 am

This is the show which had the "Inspector Spacetime" bit, isn't it? That's the only clip I've seen from the show, but it was a nice little parody..
BillyOfBillycartLane

Next

Return to TV/Movies