Deadpool #1 in November

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Deadpool #1 in November

Postby anthonyv8 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm

#2 and #3 have both been pushed back: https://www.newsarama.com/47894-deadpool-2-and-3-pushed-back-a-month-each.html
#2 now in early Jan, #3 now mid-Feb. Not a good sign for a new series.

With the delay of #1 as well (to this week), I'm wondering if this is Bachalo missing deadlines (as has been common in the past). It's been stated that #5 will be a stand-alone story drawn by someone else, so that should claw some of the scheduling back...
anthonyv8

Postby PoolFan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 am

Thoughts on issue #1?
PoolFan

Postby godisabuddhist » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:22 pm

I finally got around to reading it last night. I thought it had some pretty funny moments. It'll be interesting to see both how it shapes up and how long her run will be. I was kinda surprised at how short Young's run was.
godisabuddhist

Postby Lovingtacos » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:06 pm

anthonyv8 wrote:#2 and #3 have both been pushed back: https://www.newsarama.com/47894-deadpool-2-and-3-pushed-back-a-month-each.htmlWith the delay of #1 as well (to this week), I'm wondering if this is Bachalo missing deadlines (as has been common in the past). It's been stated that #5 will be a stand-alone story drawn by someone else, so that should claw some of the scheduling back...

Where? Could you post a link, please? (I guess there haven't been thrown any names, have they?

PoolFan wrote:Thoughts on issue #1?

Agree with godisabuddhist.
Spoiler:
Further commenting, I like the voice Thomson gives to Wade, and her adding Elsa Bloodstone to the table. That's good. The 'King of the Monsters' plotting doesn't really appeal to me -mostly because Shiklah's subplot is recent- but Thompson has stated why she has decided it and it seems promising, to be honest.

On the other side, Bachalo's art doesn't look at his fullest by a long shot, and it's a pity. It's clear there have been some problems in getting this issue to print, and I don't know how much or if he would be responsible for any, but I hope they can be solved and he stays for the rest of the run. I love the look he gives to DP!
Lovingtacos

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:31 am

Lovingtacos wrote:
anthonyv8 wrote:It's been stated that #5 will be a stand-alone story drawn by someone else

Where? Could you post a link, please? (I guess there haven't been thrown any names, have they?

"Nrama: Since you’re going to Monster Island, there must be some crazy kaiju involved. How do you design a fight between a guy the size of a Deadpool and a giant monster the size of a skyscraper? How integral are Chris and the rest of the art team in that process?

Thompson: Wade is definitely gonna fight a big crazy Kaiju guy, of course. Ironically that will be in issue #5 which is a standalone story and not drawn by Chris."

https://www.newsarama.com/47796-deadpool-1-kelly-thompson-interview.html

No mention of who's doing art on #5 anywhere as yet
anthonyv8

Postby Lovingtacos » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Wow, I totally missed this. Thanks!

(Hope it's Baldeón, who has some experience with kaijus, Deadpool and Elsa Bloodstone ;) )
Lovingtacos

Previous

Return to Comics