Subscription boxes with Deadpool - May/Spring 2018

Discus all the new Deadpool toys, shirts, and everything else.

Re: Subscription boxes with Deadpool - May/Spring 2018

Postby PoolFan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm

I received my box today and while I’m usually at the front of the group yelling “l’m sick of the Mexican food references!” I think that the theme and items in the box were unique enough to make this box great. The box itself was an excellent touch.

Really looking forward to the next box now.

anthonyv8 wrote:

misterviking wrote:Hmmm. Spoilers below as I discuss this.

Spoiler:
So, the Geeky Tiki is part of the regular order? As the rumour I'd heard had this as the year subscription bonus, I wonder what that'll end up being? And also, when we'll be seeing it (beginning or end of subscription or whatever?)

Just because MV used spoliers:
Spoiler:
The original press release that was spread throughout a number of sites said that the "1-year signing bonus" was going to be a set of DP Geeki Tikkis. I've since seeen this: https://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2018/06/deadpool-club-merc-deal-free-challenge-coin-with-annual-subscription.html - what the hell is a 'challenge coin' anyway? I emailed them to ask about what happened, and I just got a reply saying that the box was coming soon (and ignored my question)...

To answer Anthony’s question about the CC:

Spoiler:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

You’ve probably seen some of the Deadpool shaped / themed Challenge Coins on eBay.
PoolFan

Postby Roshambo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Anyone know if I subscribe for the year, will I still get this club merc crate or will I get three then one for next year and no coin?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Roshambo

Postby anthonyv8 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 am

Roshambo wrote:Anyone know if I subscribe for the year, will I still get this club merc crate or will I get three then one for next year and no coin?

The site has already moved on to the next box, "Stay Sharp" (supposedly shipping early October), so I'm guessing that that's the box you'll get to start. Not sure about the coin - maybe best to email them and ask? The original notices just said the bonus was if you signed up for a year - not sure if it was just a bonus for early adopters or if it will continue for anyone that signs up for 4 boxes...

If you tell them that you'll only sign up for a year if you get the coin, that might work??? ;)
anthonyv8

Postby anthonyv8 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 am

PoolFan wrote:I received my box today and while I’m usually at the front of the group yelling “l’m sick of the Mexican food references!” I think that the theme and items in the box were unique enough to make this box great. The box itself was an excellent touch.

Really looking forward to the next box now.

Yeah, I'm pleased with what I've seen in the pictures so far (actual box still to arrive). With the discount code I shared with everyone here, each box is only costing me AU$38 (around US$28) including postage to Australia, so it definitely seems like a bargain for me (so far at least). Let's see if the remaining 3 boxes are good - I would definitely like to see a figure/collectible at some point...

Who thinks we'll get a letter opener in the "Stay Sharp" box?
anthonyv8

Postby anthonyv8 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 pm

My box turned up yesterday here in Aus - much faster than I was expecting!

Really pleased with the quality of everything and we even got a
Spoiler:
print of the 'Bite Me' image
which I wasn't expecting.
Spoiler:
Technically it was on the back of the guide to the box, but it was the same size of the prints Geek Fuel used to provide, so I'm calling it a print.

Oh, and the box itself was amazing! Having seen it in-person I'm now glad that Loot Crate waited for this one rather than just shipping the contents in a generic box. I hope they're all like this.

One thing though, my '1-year subscriber bonus' item wasn't in this first box... Did anyone else get their
Spoiler:
challenge coin?
thought I would ask here first before whinging to Loot Crate.
anthonyv8

Postby misterviking » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:02 am

Still waiting on mine. Hopefully today? My tracking says it's passed on to Royal Mail, but with no way to track it through their system.
misterviking

Postby PoolFan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 am

The 1 Year Bonus was not in my box. I think they will hold that until after we receive the fourth box.
PoolFan

Postby PoolFan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Got my second box today and again I am happy with the contents.

The Annual Subscription challenge coin was in this box.
PoolFan

Postby misterviking » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:14 am

That's good to know.

I'm guessing if you got yours today I'm guessing mine should only be a week tops away.

For some reason I thought it was a September box, and was about to moan about it being late again, but that's good for an October box.
misterviking

Previous

Return to Toys & Products