Next Deadpool team? (Avengers #10 discussion)

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Next Deadpool team? (Avengers #10 discussion)

Postby keakster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Anyone have a guess as to which team DP will be a part of next? I know the Legacy relaunch is going to be positioning him as more of a lone wolf villain again but reading Avengers #10 reminded me how much more fun it is when he is on a team. I haven't really been enjoying Spider-Man/Deadpool lately.

Thing is there doesn't seem to be any Marvel Legacy team book that he would fit (no X-Force, Thunderbolts or any other morally ambiguous team. Just X-Men and Avengers). He would fit with the Weapon X title, but it doesn't seem like the current story in that is structured as a traditional team book.

Any thoughts?
keakster

Re: Next Deadpool team? (Avengers #10 discussion)

Postby PoolFan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:42 pm

I think it's time for DP to take a break from the team up and get back to just being a merc for a while. The hero thing didn't work out the way he thought it would and he's destroying every friendship he has. I'd like crazy wild anti-hero DP back for a bit.
PoolFan

Postby cc008 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Yeah I don't think he'll be on another team for quite some time. While I do enjoy him on ensemble casts, he's learning he can't trust anybody all while everybody is about to learn they can't trust him anymore either. Plus, my wallet could use a break.
cc008

Postby keakster » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 am

It definitely seems that they are giving him a solo break, but with the first arc of Despicable being focused on him and Cable, I foresee a team up coming. He has to pay back Stryfe for helping him out earlier but that could also lead to another pairing with Cable or X-Force against Stryfe.

With many of their other books struggling and DP continuing to do well I'm sure they're going to continue to overexpose DP (to the dismay of my bank account)
keakster

Return to Comics