List favor

Discuss all your favorite comics without Deadpool in them

List favor

Postby porkchoppunch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:41 pm

I know asking about other characters is rare here, but you guys seem to be really good at making thorough lists of appearances and I was wondering if I could get some help from everybody.

There's two characters I've gotten into lately and I was hoping you guys could help me find all their appearances. I'm looking for Quentin Quire and Fantomex. I saw recently they did a lot with Fantomex since UXF and I have a few issues with the female Ex but I saw recently there's a dark Fantomex or something about him in a black outfit. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.
porkchoppunch

Re: List favor

Postby cc008 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm not sure of every appearance for either character.. But I do know Quentin has been a mainstay in both volumes of Wolverine and the X-Men and that all stemmed from X-Men: Schism.

Starting with Uncanny X-Force, Fantomex went from that book by Remender, into the second volume of the same title by Sam Humphries. When that ended, X-Force launched by Si Spurrier and Fantomex has been on that team from the start. There was also a Fantomex MAX series that came out within the last year.

I really don't know much about them before Schism and Uncanny X-Force though.. sorry :/
cc008

Postby PoolFan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:29 pm

I too am a Fantomex fan. I believe I have most of his appearances before UXF.

New X-Men 128, 129, 130, 133, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 149, 150, 152, 153, 154

Mystique 20, 21, 23, 24

Fantomex Max 1,2,3,4

All the UXF
PoolFan

Postby porkchoppunch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 pm

cc008 wrote:I'm not sure of every appearance for either character.. But I do know Quentin has been a mainstay in both volumes of Wolverine and the X-Men and that all stemmed from X-Men: Schism.

Starting with Uncanny X-Force, Fantomex went from that book by Remender, into the second volume of the same title by Sam Humphries. When that ended, X-Force launched by Si Spurrier and Fantomex has been on that team from the start. There was also a Fantomex MAX series that came out within the last year.

I really don't know much about them before Schism and Uncanny X-Force though.. sorry :/

I know about Wolverine and the X-Men and Schism that's where I saw him and loved the character I was wondering about prior appearances but thanks with he Fantomex, I didn't realize he/she(for the 2nd run) stayed in X-Force that long. Do you(or anyone) happen to know when the black outfit came into play?

@PoolFan thanks for the early stuff man.
porkchoppunch

Postby cc008 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:56 pm

The black outfit came from when his brain was cloned into 3 different bodies at the end of Remender's UXF.. I didn't read the next volume, but I'm pretty sure all 3 clones were involved in that run.
cc008

Postby misterviking » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 am

If you're a Fantomex fan, I strongly recommend picking up Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine.

Some of the interaction between Fantomex and Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) is gold.

Without giving too much away, here's possibly my favourite excerpt:

misterviking

Postby richeymitsu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:28 am

I loves me some Fantomex, but I advise staying away from Uncanny X-Force V2 if you enjoyed the character in Remender's V1.
They sideline the cocky-badass in favour of douche-baggery, spread awkwardly across 3 clones.

I found the run to be fairly vacuous, especially in comparison to the simultaneous X-Force (with Cable etc), that may have been light on story, but had great characterisation. Doctor Nemesis and Forge as a double act are comedy gold.

I'm a bit behind with my reading, so I'm unaware of better Fantomex moments after that, though
LIAR! Where's your toolbox? You've got ANTI-FREEZE!
richeymitsu

Return to Comics