Wolverine Relaunch

Discuss all your favorite comics without Deadpool in them

Wolverine Relaunch

Postby Dhoonib » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:38 pm

This sounds terrible. Maybe I will be proved wrong but the hero of the X-Men, the teacher, and before that government sanctioned mercenary and assassin is working for a low rent crime boss? Don't think this will work. But I didn't think Superior Spiderman would last this long.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=89993
Dhoonib

Re: Wolverine Relaunch

Postby Micigniter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 pm

I am personally sick of having Wolverine switch so many titles for a new series. Especially main titles. He is in my pull-box and within a year I have to deal with multiple failed # 1's & attempts with this character. Wolverine goes to hell was epic. Other than that? Crap writing wise. And I can say that because I shelled out dough for the title(s). Art has been great as usual (hit and miss a few issues on filler artist but none the less pleasing with certain renowned artists). I don't understand why they are bastardizing one of the biggest characters they have. Wolverine with firearms is the dumbest thing I honestly have been witness to in comic history. Barring some stupid things generation wise in the classics. As in the beginning of Marvel, which they really couldn't help anyway due to the time, period and place. The "times" so to speak. I really don't know what they are doing and I believe they made a mistake. He is on the verge of being dropped altogether from the pull-box just because of the sheer negligence. And this is coming from a comic fan, not a Wolverine fan. I have always kept up with him, and he doesn't even break my top 10. This is an unbiased opinion.
"Wisdom can NEVER be taught, and we must decide the truth for ourselves"
Micigniter

Postby Dhoonib » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I like Wolverine but I only ever read whichever is the current X-Men book that features the bulk of the team. But yeah I can't stand the constant changes to the character. And why in the world would you start limiting claw use and give him a gun? Honestly why make him work for a crime boss? This is a dumb relaunch. Next book should be Spiderman stops using webshooters and opens a falafel stand.
Dhoonib

Postby PoolFan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 pm

So is Wolvie still without his healing factor due to the nano virus?
PoolFan

Postby Dhoonib » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:59 am

Probably. I haven't heard any comic fix the healing factor yet. But they should and quick.
Dhoonib

Return to Comics