Hope Summers: Love/Hate her and Help

Discuss all your favorite comics without Deadpool in them

Hope Summers: Love/Hate her and Help

Postby n00biito » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 pm

I stumbled upon an archived thread discussing why people hate her so much and it got me intrigued into reading her story. Especially since Deadpool played a small role into the whole thing. Would this be a waste of time on my part? Do you guys love her, hate her, don't give two fucks about her and why?

I also got a list of her appearances in chronological order but I'm not sure which runs, story arcs etc. paint the whole picture. So if people would like to enlighten me on what additional issues I should read, that would extremely helpful.

Greetings and such.
Proud believer of Kopimism in Ctrl C + Ctrl V we trust!
n00biito

Re: Hope Summers: Love/Hate her and Help

Postby cc008 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm a fan of her's. She kind of was the victim of her own hype and I think that may be why a lot of people dislike her. If you wanted to read her story.. I would suggest Messiah Complex, Cable's 2008 solo on-going and X-Force/Cable Messiah War, and then Second Coming. Messiah War is my favorite event of all time and that's mainly where Deadpool makes his appearances.
cc008

Postby porkchoppunch » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:55 am

I thought she had a pretty good part in the whole AvX event that just happened but it was kinda focused on her so she should have had a big part. Honestly I think the Summers/Grey lineage is so OP in Marvel it's a little crazy. Scott(love him or hate him) has crazy power and god forbid the day he controls it and reaches Omega level. Jean is Omega level, Gabriel Summers is Omega level, Cable is OP as hell and he's not Omega yet, Stryfe aka Super Cable, Rachel Summers may or may not be Omega level(debatable), Madelyne Pryor aka Super Jean. The weirdest thing I think is Scotts dad had no superpowers.
porkchoppunch

Postby n00biito » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:43 am

It seems that most of the hate started with Generation Hope. I'll start with what you suggested 008.
Proud believer of Kopimism in Ctrl C + Ctrl V we trust!
n00biito

Postby cc008 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 pm

She's just a baby for a lot of the story... But its still very much her story. And Cable's. And then eventually all of the X-Men
cc008

Postby bairdduvessa » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 pm

i had no interest in her until cable and x-force
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Return to Comics