Marvel NOW! X-Force Relaunch

Discuss all your favorite comics without Deadpool in them

Marvel NOW! X-Force Relaunch

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:03 pm

The Future of CABLE AND X-FORCE Is Marvel NOW!
Superstars Dennis Hopeless & Salvador Larroca Battle The Threats No One Else Can!

New York. NY—September 14, 2012— This December, the deadliest mutant team of all debuts in Cable And X-Force #1, beginning the all-new ongoing series from rising star creators Dennis Hopeless (X-Men: Season One) and Salvador Larroca (Invincible Iron Man). As part of Marvel NOW!, Cable And X-Force joins a number of titles that will take the Marvel Universe in an exciting all-new direction, as the industry’s top creators join the top Super Heroes to deliver all-new ongoing series, great for new and lapsed readers alike!

Cable is back NOW! He has a new X-Force consisting of Colossus, Forge, Domino and Dr. Nemesis and they are all caught red-handed at the scene of a terrorist attack on a major American corporation whose CEO has expressed anti-mutant views. Now Cable and X-Force are on the run, with the Uncanny Avengers in hot pursuit.

“The X-Force that Cable’s leading is a group of outlaws trying to save the world,” explained Dennis Hopeless in an interview with Marvel.com. “They’re fugitives being chased across the globe and doing what good they can while always looking back over their shoulders. There’s not much room for error on this team.”

Marvel NOW! is the culmination of Marvel ReEvolution, the groundbreaking new initiative to evolve the comic book experience through innovation. With Cable And X-Force, Marvel NOW! ensures fans will find out just what it takes to be a hero when everyone thinks you’re the villain!

“We knew the return of Cable had to be big and this is going to be one of the most explosive Marvel NOW! launches, " said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “Dennis and Salvador are bringing a new look and feel to the X-Force, with a story that hearkens back to the core themes that made them such a phenomenon while moving them forward in an exciting way.”

Each issue of Cable And X-Force includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, each issue of Cable And X-Force features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

“Not only does every book with the Marvel NOW! logo feature a new superstar creative team and blockbuster story, but they also come with all-new incentives for our retailer partners,” explained David Gabriel, Senior Vice-President of Sales, Marvel Entertainment.. “We want to make sure every comic shop nationwide is fully stocked to meet the high demand we’re already seeing for Marvel NOW! And want to make sure their voices are heard throughout this exciting time. Stay tuned for more news on how Marvel will be working directly with retailers to make sure our programs address their needs.”

An all-new series! All-new team! All-new enemies! This is Cable And X-Force NOW!

This December, Dennis Hopeless and Salvador Larroca bring the war to Cable And X-Force!

For more on Marvel NOW!, please visit now.marvel.com and join the conversation on Twitter using #MarvelNOW.

*Retailers should keep an eye on the Marvel Mailer and Diamond daily for special announcements concerning Marvel NOW!

CABLE AND X-FORCE #1
Written by DENNIS HOPELESS
Art & Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
ON SALE THIS DECEMBER!
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Re: Marvel NOW! X-Force Relaunch

Postby cc008 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Deadpool would have made this book a must buy. Thanks a lot Way and Marvel. You really screwed the pooch.
cc008

Postby maxchong7 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:38 pm

A person who has been fated to wander a world where he does not feel acceptance.
maxchong7

Postby cc008 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Cable and the X-Force is a lock in my pull list. Plus I'm a fan of Larocca's art. I really want to read the reboot for Uncanny but the cast does absolutely nothing for me outside of learning what happens to Psylocke after Final Execution.
cc008

Postby mmmCake » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 am

cc008 wrote:Cable and the X-Force is a lock in my pull list. Plus I'm a fan of Larocca's art. I really want to read the reboot for Uncanny but the cast does absolutely nothing for me outside of learning what happens to Psylocke after Final Execution.

Same feeling
Cable + X-Force is on my pull for sure but I might just manually get #1 of Uncanny X to see if I'll get into it or not...
My pull list now includes Deadpool and Thunderbolts from Marvel Now! (as well as Deadpool Killustrated !)
mmmCake

Postby maxchong7 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:17 am

In a tweet Hopeless revealed that Deadpool might have a possible guest spot in Cable+X-Force later. When he was asked whether Way's Thunderbolts would clash with Cable's team.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=42737
A person who has been fated to wander a world where he does not feel acceptance.
maxchong7

Postby cc008 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:23 pm

I figured as much... not sure if in any way possible that could lead to him leaving Thunderbolts and joining Cable's x-force. But one can hope.
cc008

Postby maxchong7 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I can only hope it happens.
To me, it doesn't seem that Way is letting go of Deadpool anytime soon, dude is a parasite. I still haven't figured why people say he made Deadpool popular.
maxchong7

Postby cc008 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:15 pm

The only explanation I can come up with is that he was the author of the main on-going during the Deadpool Boom of the late 2000's. And I don't even know how that really started. It was just there all of a sudden.
cc008

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Interest in Deadpool had been simmering rather nicely during Cable and Deadpool, and when news of his Wolverine Origins appearance surfaced there seemed to be a lot of people coming out to say "yeah, I've been a fan of his of years," which was probably true in most instances, but I think that sudden surge helped generate a bit of a bandwagon. The way those first few issues sold out so rapidly surely can't be attributed to the quality of those issues alone, though. There must have been a lot of prior interest.

Way's understanding is that there were so few people who cared about Deadpool that he was quite happy to give previous Deadpool fans the finger and do whatever he wanted, and was so amazing that he created a proper fanbase in the process. That's basically what he wrote in the sign off for his final issue, or at least how I chose to interpret those words. I expect there's an extent of truth to it. He probably achieved a higher attach rate with a segment of the readership that might not have stuck with a Deadpool title that met the expectations of his detractors. He lost a lot of readers too, however, and there's no way to say for certain whether he made more sales than would have been achieved otherwise.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Return to Comics