Deadpool Cartoon Ordered Straight to Series at FXX

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Re: Deadpool Cartoon Ordered Straight to Series at FXX

Postby cc008 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Yeah I do like the animation. Would like to hear something from FX about it coming in a couple months. Then again, I don't really watch cable tv as often as I used to.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:16 am

Well, now you have an excuse to watch it ;)

It's cool he has yellow eyes. He does look sick like that... It's a pity they discontinued that trend in the comics.
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I like the yellow eyes. And I think he had them in Dead Presidents.. Tony Moore made a point to give him his yellow eyes. But it kind of tapered off after that.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:26 pm

It continued until Posehn left. Since that, I only recall seeing it again with Jordie Bellarie and in Wade's first appearance on All-New Wolverine...

And hey, the skin is purple... À la Sins of The Past!
Lovingtacos

Postby Wolfette » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic. Amd it is very strange that this is supposed to premier soon but there hasn't been a single commercial on any channel. It's gone from frustrating to annoying.
Wolfette

Postby keakster » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:36 am

Not good news

Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s Deadpool animated series. FX will no longer be involved with the project. FX and Marvel have an ongoing relationship through our partnership on Legion, which will continue.
keakster

Postby PoolFan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 am

Well that’s lame. I was really looking forward to see what kind of script for Deadpool would come from the Glovers.

I say give it to Joe Kelly. He knows the character and has worked on cartoons. (Ben 10)
PoolFan

Postby Lovingtacos » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:08 am

Same here.

The script is completed, some animation made, staff members give two different interviews few weeks ago... and now, all of a sudden, the series gets cancelled? Something stinks a little bit around here.
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Have to wonder if the Disney deal had anything to do with this.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 am

It's hard to know. What bugs me the most is since when they knew the project wasn't coming into fruition.

If I recall correctly (can't check it now), is that sththis series was part of the contract FX has with the Glovers. If that is true... Is Atlanta in trouble too? I also recall reading Donald was losing interest on doing it.

If it's just a showrunner-network conflict... I see likely they'll move forward with another staff, even maimainif it sounded like they main call for it was that the Glovers were doing it. At this moment, a Deadpool animated series, done properly, should be a very profitable project both for Fox and Disney.

P.D.: sorry that I write so long posts... I try but I can't express myself correctly in fewer words!
Lovingtacos

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movies/Games