Movie questions (SPOILERS)

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Movie questions (SPOILERS)

Postby Rodimus_2316 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:42 pm

New here. I thought the movie was amazing and hilarious! Just a small number of questions:

1) After I saw the movie, someone told me the Wolverine origin movie is now completely retconned. Please tell me that's true.

2) What era in the X-Men cinematic universe does this take place in? First Class or post-DoFP?

3) Why wasn't Daniel Cudmore brought back as Colossus? I'm not complaining, Stefan Kapicic is great, just wondering the reason, is all.

4) We know Deadpool, in the comics, got his powers by being experimented on with Wolverine's DNA, in part, to give him the ability to heal and regenerate, and at the start of the movie, Deadpool mentions he has some history with Wolverine, or something like that, then, during the flashback, when he's getting his powers, there's no mention of Logan's abilities being transferred. Am I forgetting something here?

HIGHLY looking forward to the sequel! :)
Rodimus_2316

Re: Movie questions (SPOILERS)

Postby richeymitsu » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:31 am

1) DOFP effectively removed the continuity of the X-Franchise. 1st Class and DOFP are the only ones that are currently in play.

2)DOFP was set in the 70s, so this is after.

3)He declined, I've read. For the best, I feel.

4) It wasn't explicitly stated. It wasn't ruled out, though. I was implied that they were forcing a mutation, but they didn't go into specifics. Apparently, there was the intention of originally having Dr Killbrew as the big bad revealed at the end, but it was dropped for budget and plot simplicity. This means there could well have been more exposition on the cards but the movie didn't really need it

:)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
LIAR! Where's your toolbox? You've got ANTI-FREEZE!
richeymitsu

Postby Rodimus_2316 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:28 pm

richeymitsu wrote:1) DOFP effectively removed the continuity of the X-Franchise. 1st Class and DOFP are the only ones that are currently in play.

2)DOFP was set in the 70s, so this is after.

3)He declined, I've read. For the best, I feel.

4) It wasn't explicitly stated. It wasn't ruled out, though. I was implied that they were forcing a mutation, but they didn't go into specifics. Apparently, there was the intention of originally having Dr Killbrew as the big bad revealed at the end, but it was dropped for budget and plot simplicity. This means there could well have been more exposition on the cards but the movie didn't really need it

1) You mean DOFP somehow retconned the Wolverine Origin/etc. movies, or just undid their history (as with other pre-DOFP movies except First Class)?

2) So the Deadpool film is after the First Class movie and 70's events from DOFP, and before the would-be time of the X-Men 1 film? Or is it after the final events of DOFP, where it's 10 years in the future (I think) and Logan tells Prof. X that he now remembers it all?

Thanks!
Rodimus_2316

Postby richeymitsu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Just undid the history, I'm afraid. Whatever occurred between Wolverine waking up after being fished out of the water in the 70s, and him being waved at by Kelsey Grammer in the altered timeline, is unspecified but different. This means every other X-movie may never have happened.

Some events would still have occurred (Wolverine getting adamantium, for example), but as a viewer, we are given free reign to use our imaginations.

My imagination suggests that I don't really care, but the world is a happier place now that the awkwardly awful X3 and Origins never happened.

With X1 rendered void, Deadpool would not be set before OR after it. It would be unlikely that it took place after that final scene in DOFP, as that was set in 'the future.' Deadpool is intended to be set in the present.

I would recommend that you don't sweat the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff too much. Trying too hard with time travel is how Terminator Genisys happened. Nobody wants that.

richeymitsu

Postby Rodimus_2316 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:26 pm

richeymitsu wrote:With X1 rendered void, Deadpool would not be set before OR after it. It would be unlikely that it took place after that final scene in DOFP, as that was set in 'the future.' Deadpool is intended to be set in the present.

By "present" you mean current day, or at the time of the Apocalypse movie?

richeymitsu wrote:I would recommend that you don't sweat the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff too much. Trying too hard with time travel is how Terminator Genisys happened. Nobody wants that.

This was my last question.
Rodimus_2316

Postby richeymitsu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:46 pm

"Contemporary" rather than "present," I guess. current day.

I believe Apocalypse is set in the 80s.

richeymitsu

Postby Rodimus_2316 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:03 pm

richeymitsu wrote:"Contemporary" rather than "present," I guess. current day.

I believe Apocalypse is set in the 80s.

Thanks. It'll be interesting on what more Apocalypse - DOFP-ending stories will be told in the Deadpool sequels. :)
Rodimus_2316

Return to TV/Movies/Games