Deadpool for PS3

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Deadpool for PS3

Postby Roxabox » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:18 pm

I imagine someone here has played the Deadpool PS3 game. I'm considering buying it but I'm still kinda on the fence about it. It got a 3/5 on Metacritic but I can't find any good personal reviews on it, just a bunch of people who haven't played it saying it sucked...so if you played it what are your honest opinions on it?
Roxabox

Re: Deadpool for PS3

Postby clutchNthrottle » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:25 pm

There is nothing new or special about the game play, much like ulitmate alliance, but it's fun enough, it's worth it just for the cut sceens... pretty effing hilarious too. Jump off the fence and buy it already if you're a deadpool fan!
clutchNthrottle

Re: Deadpool for PS3

Postby duckrasta » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Honestly, I have played through probably 10 times since it came out. I would call it average, not great.

The game on the whole is short and fairly repetitive. The combat has its moments, and it is especially fun, as a fan of the character, to step into the shoes of Deadpool and cause some mayhem. But the enemies are boring and you just seem to face wave after wave of the exact same baddies. I thought the sword and gunplay mixed well. The guns are actually useful, unlike something like Devil May Cry where they do barely any damage and are just used to keep up combos. Swords are not as smooth as the Arkham series fighting for example, but they aren’t bad enough to take away the fun.

The level design is not great either. Some good parts, but a lot of standard/outdated things like sewer levels and jumping puzzles. Like the repetitive enemies, Deadpool acknowledges them and points out how bad it is. Maybe good for a laugh. But just because you point out bad design and joke about it, we are still stuck playing it. There are also a few parts that just tonally do not fit with the game, like they were copied out of another game.

For the humor, there are some generally funny parts on the first play through. Overall though, it relies too much on the Daniel Way humor, with the two inner voices and just general cartoonish zaniness. That’s not really the stuff I like about Deadpool. And the little one line zingers Deadpool shouts out during combat- well after you’ve heard each of them ten times in the first level, they get old fast.

It sounds like a lot of negatives, and it is, but I still enjoyed it on the whole and pull it out for another run through every few months. Largely because I love Deadpool and it is fun to play as him. I don’t think it is a game worth mentioning if it wasn’t a Deadpool game though.

Since it doesn’t have much replay value for non-fans, and it was rereleased on PS4/Xbox One recently, you could probably get a used copy for PS3 fairly cheap. If you find one, I would say go for it. I wouldn’t pay full price for it at this point though.
duckrasta

Return to TV/Movies/Games