Deadpool Movie Reviews

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Re: Deadpool Movie Reviews

Postby sesamy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:26 pm

I heard about this movie on internet, I need to see it someday while I'm not that busy.
sesamy

Postby clutchNthrottle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 am

PoolFan wrote:Two viewings in and I'm still super happy with it. I loved the little things like throwing the hubcap at Ajax's head while talking to Colossus and the ring pop scene. The action scenes were all great.

Getting his healing factor in the workshop was perfect.

Spoiler:
The fact that they said it was from activating recessive mutant genes just fits in with the rest of thier X universe and drives home that they are the only ones who can use "mutant".

OK I've only seen it once so far, and maybe this is nit-picking, but I feel like I missed sumtin'...

Spoiler:
So they're activating mutant genes by introducing extreme stresses but like a box of chocolates, they say they never know what they're gonna get. So when Ajax comes back to the Oxy deprivation tank and sees Wade physically transformed, Ajax proclaims something to affect that Wade now has the ability to heal from any wound. But how does he know that without conducting any test to witnessing this newly acquired ability?
Last edited by clutchNthrottle on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
clutchNthrottle

Postby clutchNthrottle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 am

keakster wrote:Yeah I understand why they did it that way, I was just hoping for
Spoiler:
at least an indirect reference to Weapon X / Wolverine

I was too.

Spoiler:
simply marking that syringe they gave him with "weapon X" would've been a satisfying scratch to that itch.
clutchNthrottle

Postby el-pietro » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 am

clutchNthrottle wrote:
PoolFan wrote:Two viewings in and I'm still super happy with it. I loved the little things like throwing the hubcap at Ajax's head while talking to Colossus and the ring pop scene. The action scenes were all great.

Getting his healing factor in the workshop was perfect.

Spoiler:
The fact that they said it was from activating recessive mutant genes just fits in with the rest of thier X universe and drives home that they are the only ones who can use "mutant".

OK I've only seen it once so far, and maybe this is nit-picking, but I feel like I missed sumtin'...

Spoiler:
So they're activating mutant genes by introducing extreme stresses but like a box of chocolates, they say they never know what they're gonna get. So when Ajax comes back to the Oxy deprivation tank and sees Wade physically transformed, Ajax proclaims something to affect that Wade now has the ability to heal from any wound. But how does he know that without conducting any test to witnessing this newly acquired ability?

That annoyed me, and then later on
Spoiler:
he's surprised to see that Wade is still alive?
el-pietro

Postby Aeva » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm

kzapwn wrote:
keakster wrote:What are people's opinions on how they handled the origin of Wade's healing factor?

I think the entire origin story overall was handled well. If I had to make one complaint, it would be coming up with the name "Deadpool" in the Hellhouse instead of in a Weapon X scene.

I had a ton of "grrr, that's not how it was in the comic book" moments (cuz I tend to be a stickler for that sort of thing. Can't even watch the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie, it makes me so mad) but THAT was the big one. A friend who went with me was kind of laughing, because I immediately had a totally silent but furious reaction in the theatre when I saw that. He's read some Deadpool stuff, but mostly the more recent issues, so he didn't know the origin. I mean, there were a couple of things wrong with the bar. It should be Hellhouse, not Sister Margarets (even though that's technically what it was before), Patch should be the dispatcher/bartender, not Weasel (who wouldn't have been allowed in Wade's house at that point), etc.

I think the movie got the CHARACTER totally right...just almost everything else wrong. Not saying I didn't love it, I'll still probably see it again in theatres and buy it the minute it comes out on DVD...but the continuity stuff bugged me a lot.

I was also disappointed that it wasn't even mentioned that Vanessa's a mutant, let alone show any shifts.

I could go on for hours about discrepancies between the comics and the movie. I kinda did after we left the theatre.
Aeva

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:41 am

Aeva wrote:I could go on for hours about discrepancies between the comics and the movie. I kinda did after we left the theatre.

So. Your first comic book movie?

I do agree that it's pretty annoying how far the H2G2 movie deviates from the radio show, though. It's almost as bad as the books.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby valley » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:59 am

For me the movie was great, I really liked it on every point of view :) funny, entertaining and full of action :D even my girlfriend liked it :D
valley

Postby Captain Stacy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Here's my thoughts on the movie:

JLS Comics: T: @ComicsJLS /// Ig: JLS Comics
Y: https://www.youtube.com/c/JLSComics
F: http://www.facebook.com/JLSComics
Read my articles at www.comicbooked.com
Captain Stacy

Postby LadyDeadpool » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Saw this just the other day. Wasn't really sure what to expect but i totally loved it! I couldn't stop laughing!! And Stan Lee's cameo! So buying this when it comes out on bluray DPL
Negasonic Teenage... what the shit? That's the coolest name ever!
LadyDeadpool

Postby Captain Stacy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:10 am

LadyDeadpool wrote:Saw this just the other day. Wasn't really sure what to expect but i totally loved it! I couldn't stop laughing!! And Stan Lee's cameo! So buying this when it comes out on bluray DPL

That's one of my favorite cameos of his so far :lol:
JLS Comics: T: @ComicsJLS /// Ig: JLS Comics
Y: https://www.youtube.com/c/JLSComics
F: http://www.facebook.com/JLSComics
Read my articles at www.comicbooked.com
Captain Stacy

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movies/Games