Deadpool Movie Reviews

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Deadpool Movie Reviews

Postby kzapwn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am

Just saw a screening of the film. I was a bit apprehensive going in but I have to say it was pretty great. A few bad jokes but overall it was hilarious with some good action & a few nice easter eggs. This is definitely the best depiction of comic book style banter that happens mid-fight in a movie. Theres also a short post credits scene after the entire credits are finished.
kzapwn

Re: Deadpool Movie Reviews

Postby fryguy81 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:01 am

Saw the film last night Had so many thoughts had to get it down on video.

Totally spoiler free. My thoughts right after seeing the film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCWKCGXtIfQ
fryguy81

Postby bairdduvessa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:46 am

loved it, i was crying from laughter within 30 seconds. it would have been nice to see copycat do the whole copycat thing, but maybe that will happen next movie
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Postby cece7eley » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:11 am

Great movie, I was entertained the entire time. Fight scenes were fantastically choreographed and the script was hilarious! I'll be going to see it a second time tonight :D
cece7eley

Postby keakster » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:20 pm

What are people's opinions on how they handled the origin of Wade's healing factor?
keakster

Postby PoolFan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Two viewings in and I'm still super happy with it. I loved the little things like throwing the hubcap at Ajax's head while talking to Colossus and the ring pop scene. The action scenes were all great.

Getting his healing factor in the workshop was perfect.

Spoiler:
The fact that they said it was from activating recessive mutant genes just fits in with the rest of thier X universe and drives home that they are the only ones who can use "mutant".
PoolFan

Postby keakster » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 pm

PoolFan wrote:Two viewings in and I'm still super happy with it. I loved the little things like throwing the hubcap at Ajax's head while talking to Colossus and the ring pop scene. The action scenes were all great.

Getting his healing factor in the workshop was perfect.

Spoiler:
The fact that they said it was from activating recessive mutant genes just fits in with the rest of thier X universe and drives home that they are the only ones who can use "mutant".

Yeah I understand why they did it that way, I was just hoping for
Spoiler:
at least an indirect reference to Weapon X / Wolverine
keakster

Postby cc008 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:44 am

I couldn't have been happier with the movie walking out of the theater last night. I don't have a single complaint.

They even
Spoiler:
managed to work Bob into the script.
That was awesome.
cc008

Postby kzapwn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:32 am

keakster wrote:What are people's opinions on how they handled the origin of Wade's healing factor?

I think the entire origin story overall was handled well. If I had to make one complaint, it would be coming up with the name "Deadpool" in the Hellhouse instead of in a Weapon X scene.
kzapwn

Postby ripchi » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 am

I've seen it twice now, and enjoyed it both times. The fight scenes were awesome and the comedy was hilarious. Had me laughing from the opening credits to the end credit scenes.

I do think there was a missed opportunity for what could have been another great reference and joke. When he told the cabbie
Spoiler:
he doesn't carry a wallet on the job because it ruins the lines on his suit,
the cabbie should have suggested wearing more pouches, and DP could have replied something about it not being the 80's.
ripchi

Next

Return to TV/Movies/Games