No to dead pool movie...

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Re: No to dead pool movie...

Postby TCIX » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:05 am

I was gonna weigh in but it seems everyone else has said my own points anyway: the more Deadpool stuff the better. I regularly expose unsuspecting nerds to Deadpool classic moments to get them hooked.
TCIX

Postby Black Lyon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am

For the most part I agree with the points above; more fans means more opportunity for our boy Deadpool. However, to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, this isn't always a good thing. Few years back we got a flood of Deadpool stuff; he had 3 or 4 months out at one time and was appearing in a bunch of other stuff as well...but most of it was bad; his inclusions in most of this stuff was just random and an attempt to cash in on his popularity (and thus overexposing him )and not really contributing anything to the story being told or having any real impact to it and written by writers who really did not know the character well. This lead to, at least to the people I talked, people not liking the character as he was everywhere and often portrayed as a buffoon.
Black Lyon

Postby Dhoonib » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 am

Black Lyon I agree with that and that's really my issue with some of the variant covers of different comics that he is not in but does end up as a meme on the cover. But thankfully right now the Deadpool stuff that is out right now is high quality. The comics alone are really good. The merch is picking up by leaps and bounds too. As long as Fox will do the character justice then for me a movie is the best thing for the character.
Dhoonib

Postby TripleOG » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:27 pm

porkchoppunch, The "first issue" if DP is New Mutants 98. They are easily running in the 150-200 range and that is just a raw book. Graded books are even more ridiculous for the 9.4+
TripleOG

Postby JayDeadPool » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Deadpool NEEDS a movie! He needs more fan base so I can stop trying to explain to other people who he is. Even if it's not a great movie, it'll still worth making a shot at it.
The less I have, the more I gain
JayDeadPool

Postby TripleOG » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:09 am

I would disagree with you Jay. If the movie is made, it needs to be great. It also needs to be, at the very least, rated R. I don't think that PG-13 DP would be true to the character.
TripleOG

Postby mercforhire » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 pm

DPL DP needs a not good but GREAT movie not the shitty xmen origins Wolverine PG 13 DP im talking rated R DeadPool who can TALK and break the fourth wall.. i loved how in #24 NOW! that deadpool is seen.. lol!! but i would like to see the deadpool i know and love on the silver screen!!! DPL
DPL Just A DeadPool Geek Born and Raised A MassHole!!DPL
mercforhire

Postby MartyrPool » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:33 pm

At the end of Origins Deadpool's mouth was open. But anyways it would need to be an R movie for Deadpool. The violence alone should justify an R rating.
MartyrPool

Postby Edwardii » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Deadpool was a good film although it wasn't as good as I was expecting still a good entertaining film, I also become his fan from a video game and then started cosplaying Deadpool, he is one of the funny characters of Marvel. I hope they will make even a more better film next time!
Edwardii

Previous

Return to TV/Movies/Games