No to dead pool movie...

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

No to dead pool movie...

Postby Amiral_Deadpool » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Alright so just here me out. I can't speak for everyone but I know I would do the dirtiest things for a movie to come out but wouldn't it be kind of a bad thing? I'll be honest I became a deadpool fan because of the video game and ever since then I have been obsessing over it like a drug . Even to the point of collecting every comic book featuring him (not even freaking close by the way). But once the deadpool movie comes out everyone and their mom are gonna be fanpooling it. And I love deadpool for him just being freaking awesome but I think it's cool to walk down the street and another fan be like awesome shirt when everyone else is like "why does ur shirt have a red guy holding a piece of cake?" (Favorite shirt). Basically the uniqueness of being a fan will be gone. And I've only been a fan for a couple months so the real fans who have been there the whole time should know what I'm feeling 10x more. And this isn't me trying to start an anti deadpool movie petition. I just want to know what u guys think. Btw the whole reason this came to me was because I was looking at the first issue of deadpool and it's $220 on average so when that movie comes out it's gonna be stupid expensive.

And sorry if this is a former post I didn't look through the site I just joined cause no one wants to talk to me about deadpool. No one...
Amiral_Deadpool

Re: No to dead pool movie...

Postby OmegaPool » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:59 pm

While I do see the attraction of being a part of a smaller fandom, I think it is a better idea to introduce Deadpool to a wider audience. The more popular Deadpool is, the more we get to see of him, and that's a good thing in my book. Plus, consider this: If we had said not to make the game because we didn't want a larger pool of fans, and they didn't, you yourself would have never been introduced to the character.
OmegaPool

Postby Graygod » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:29 pm

I don't understand that reasoning... It's a good thing if more people like Deadpool. Marvel will create even more stories featuring him, and more kickass merch for us to buy. The only thing it's bad for is Poolfan's wallet... and everyone else's to a lesser extent.

Also, if you know that the prices on his early books will skyrocket, you could invest now and stand to make a small fortune.
Last edited by Graygod on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my comedy podcast about comic books: http://www.comicalpodcast.com
Graygod

Postby MartyrPool » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm

I'd love a movie and more fans never hurt. Who cares if more people follow Deadpool? As a fan, you'd want that.
MartyrPool

Postby PoolFan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Thank you for thinking of my wallet Grey. It is definitely a double edged sword for me. I say the more stuff the better but it is already hard enough being a obsessive compulsive completist. I mean look at all the crap Wolverine and Spider-Man fans have to keep up with. Lol
PoolFan

Postby cc008 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:41 pm

For FOX to even consider making a Deadpool film, there must be a rather large fandom for the character to begin with.

Iron Man wasn't necessarily the huge hit until his first movie. I think he's in a pretty good spot. I want the Deadpool film. I want the X-Force film. I want Cable and Deadpool on the silver screen together. And I want it all yesterday.
cc008

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:40 am

Is this a joke? It kind of has the structure of one, but so does getting out of bed in the morning so it's hard to be sure.

In any case, many points could be made, but none of them matter because the HMS Sekret Club left port around about when Hot Topic started stocking Deadpool shirts. Lots of them.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby MartyrPool » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:01 am

I usually avoid Hot Topic like the plague, but maybe I should make a stop in there to see what they have.
MartyrPool

Postby porkchoppunch » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Amiral_Deadpool wrote:Alright so just here me out. I can't speak for everyone but I know I would do the dirtiest things for a movie to come out but wouldn't it be kind of a bad thing? I'll be honest I became a deadpool fan because of the video game and ever since then I have been obsessing over it like a drug . Even to the point of collecting every comic book featuring him (not even freaking close by the way). But once the deadpool movie comes out everyone and their mom are gonna be fanpooling it. And I love deadpool for him just being freaking awesome but I think it's cool to walk down the street and another fan be like awesome shirt when everyone else is like "why does ur shirt have a red guy holding a piece of cake?" (Favorite shirt). Basically the uniqueness of being a fan will be gone. And I've only been a fan for a couple months so the real fans who have been there the whole time should know what I'm feeling 10x more. And this isn't me trying to start an anti deadpool movie petition. I just want to know what u guys think. Btw the whole reason this came to me was because I was looking at the first issue of deadpool and it's $220 on average so when that movie comes out it's gonna be stupid expensive.

And sorry if this is a former post I didn't look through the site I just joined cause no one wants to talk to me about deadpool. No one...

I don't know where you're looking for Deadpool #1 but you need to stop, I got all of my 1st issues(depending on which you call the 1st, 1st issue) for under $20 I got the 1st issue in the mini series done by Mark Waid for $10 from my LCS. I got 1st issue in the mini series The Circle Chase for $3 a long time ago and saw two others at my LCS for $7 and $5. I got my 1st issue of Joe Kelly for $7.50 AT MY LCS originally marked $15 but they were having a back issue half off sale. Needless to say I pretty much bought out all the Deadpool comics from the LCS in my county(which is only 3) and I was lucky enough to get them during the half off back issue deal so the most I payed for one issue was $15 and that was #11 of Joe Kelly.

If you don't mind not having the individual copies though you should just buy the omnibus it'd be a lot cheaper than hunting down individual issues. If you want individual issues I suggest yardsale hunting and checking all the back issue bins at comic shops around you. Also I have a few doubles if you're interested.

Issue #1 of Joe Kelly's run can be bought on ebay for $25 plus shipping costs from Italy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEADPOOL-1-Fi-M ... 35d05c5fb5
porkchoppunch

Postby Dhoonib » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:46 pm

There is only one reason not to make a Deadpool movie and that is if Fox can not make it right. He is becoming a very popular character and Fox would be crazy not to take advantage of him. While I understand what you are saying amiral I think a bigger audience for a fun character is only a good thing. DP is not being cheapened by adding more fans to the ranks. Also I got Deadpool volume 1 issue 1 for $20 not too long ago. The only issue I could see anywhere near the 200 mark would have to a less than mint issue New Mutants #98.
Dhoonib

Next

Return to TV/Movies/Games