Is FOX making an X-force Movie?

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Is FOX making an X-force Movie?

Postby DeadpoolFool » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:30 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=83036

Apparently 20th Century Fox has registered a domain name hinting at a possible X-force movie.

Could this be FOX's way of making a movie with Deadpool in a team setting, before they commit to a risky spin-off movie? If they bring on Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman to play their respective characters, that right there means the movie is going to sell after all. Plus someone is playing Warpath in the next x-men movie.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by DeadpoolFool on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeadpoolFool

Re: Is FOX making an X-force Movie?

Postby cc008 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:06 pm

I LOVE this. And really hope it's true. It'd be great if this was Fox's mystery panel at Comic-Con.. but more likely its DOFP. Either way. If they won't commit to a Deadpool movie now, he better damn well be involved in the X-Force movie. Problem is, Deadpool was in an X-Force that dealt with some pretty legit X-Men mythos.. a lot of which hasn't been in the movies.
cc008

Postby bairdduvessa » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:01 pm

i'll believe it when it happens
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Postby DeadPoolLax » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I hope they do an X-Force movie. Good way to introduce Cable and the rest. Maybe it will give them a chance to redo Deadpool and put him in this movie, and see how it tests to put him into his own movie.

Maybe?
"It's like Freddy Kruger face-f***ed a topographical map of Utah"
DeadPoolLax

Postby porkchoppunch » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 am

Hate to be the cynic here but there are a few iterations of Xforce and awhile before the Uncanny lineup, though he could have a villain appearance but I don't see Fox making a future movie off a character they make as an appearing villain, Maybe if they make him the main villain, but I feel like only one of these 2 will happen, either Deadpool movie(hopefully) or Deadpool appearance in Xforce movie(wouldn't be bad).

Hollywood movies always tell the origin first, then a loosely connected sequel then a change of directors and origin sotry reboooooot wooooh, sorry about that I'm back. But yeah Xforce with deadpool will be good if, IF
porkchoppunch

Postby Spartakus X » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:10 am

porkchoppunch wrote:Hate to be the cynic here but there are a few iterations of Xforce and awhile before the Uncanny lineup, though he could have a villain appearance but I don't see Fox making a future movie off a character they make as an appearing villain, Maybe if they make him the main villain, but I feel like only one of these 2 will happen, either Deadpool movie(hopefully) or Deadpool appearance in Xforce movie(wouldn't be bad).

Hollywood movies always tell the origin first, then a loosely connected sequel then a change of directors and origin sotry reboooooot wooooh, sorry about that I'm back. But yeah Xforce with deadpool will be good if, IF

There is nothing cynical about the truth. Or is there? Hm...
Is Lucy Liu still young enough to play Psylocke? Of course it all depends on which X-Force era would be the point of reference and having in mind
that the entire X-Men movie franchise has been mediocre in portrayal of the comics at best...
Let's just wait until we know how the upcoming Wolverine movie is doing/going to be anyway.
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Postby DeadpoolFool » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:05 pm

It's been confirmed, an X-force movie has been announced. Now all we have to do is wait and see if Deadpool is one of the members.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=83137

Plus Rob Lielfeld posted on twitter that the boys at FOX have told him that the film is being worked on since march.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=83141
DeadpoolFool

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm hesitant to post about this, since it seems like a lot of what Liefeld is posting on twitter are his HOPES for the movie, not facts
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby PoolFan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm with you Ben. Hopefully we hear something official during SDCC.
PoolFan

Postby DeadpoolFool » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:35 pm

DeadpoolBugle wrote:I'm hesitant to post about this, since it seems like a lot of what Liefeld is posting on twitter are his HOPES for the movie, not facts

I'd wait till we get any sort of confirmation that Deadpool is a part of it. If he is a part of it. I'm just posting this on the forum in case he does.

PoolFan wrote:I'm with you Ben. Hopefully we hear something official during SDCC.

According to sources, that's the plan. Apparently the FOX panel will be announcing a ton of new ways the X-men shared universe is going to be in the future.
DeadpoolFool

Next

Return to TV/Movies/Games