Deadpool Video Game

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Deadpool Video Game

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Surprised it hasn't been brought up before, but I figured we should have a thread to discuss the Deadpool Video game. We really don't have a lot of detail yet, so I guess for now it is just hopes and speculation for what the game will be.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Re: Deadpool Video Game

Postby cc008 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 pm

I know it's still early.. but i would like them to release something new. There was way too much hype surrounding those screen shots considering 4 of them were from the only trailer we've seen. Also, hopefully they cool it with the "Deadpool's running High Noon," it's a little irritating.
cc008

Postby DeadpoolFool » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:20 pm

I actually enjoy the marketing behind this game. The whole Deadpool owns Marvel studios is a great way to market the game and works for the character. It seems like the creators are having fun marketing the film, and I firmly believe that if the creators are having fun selling it, then we'll have fun playing it.

I'm excited for the game, whether it has the voices and is written by Daniel way or not. It's not often your favorite comic book character gets a video game and the Transformers War for Cybertron games are great fun, so if it's anything like those game it'll be great.
DeadpoolFool

Postby TCIX » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm

I kept hearing about released footage at Gamescom but I cant find any copies around the net. apparently as Deadpool takes damage he can lose body parts and opt to either pick them up and reattach them or wait to grow new limbs/parts as well as plenty of non stop banter, star trek and star wars references etc
TCIX

Postby DeadpoolFool » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:40 pm

TCIX wrote:apparently as Deadpool takes damage he can lose body parts and opt to either pick them up and reattach them or wait to grow new limbs/parts

And this just made me go from an 8 to 10 on the excited-o-meter.
DeadpoolFool

Postby TCIX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:29 am

DeadpoolFool wrote:
TCIX wrote:apparently as Deadpool takes damage he can lose body parts and opt to either pick them up and reattach them or wait to grow new limbs/parts

And this just made me go from an 8 to 10 on the excited-o-meter.

if its true, which i cant seem to confirm yet, i would imagine it would have its pros and cons, like reattached limbs are slightly weaker for X amount of time where as waiting for new limbs limits your offensive ability. but thats just me, i have no way of proving it
TCIX

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 am

It is true:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/17/ ... video-game

I rounded up a ton of sites that were at Gamescom and posted about the Deadpool preview:
http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2012/08/ga ... dpool.html
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby shibori78 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am

From the article:
The game looks like a lot of fun but ultimately the writing will have to be pitch-perfect (emphasis mine)to make Deadpool a success. If it strays too frequently, becoming more crass than clever, it could easily fall into the trap of becoming the kind of game it’s attempting to parody.

Daniel Way writing pitch-perfect while dialing back the crass? I'd like to see that happen.
"Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." Lillian Hellman
shibori78

Postby n00biito » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 pm

DeadpoolBugle wrote:It is true:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/17/ ... video-game

I rounded up a ton of sites that were at Gamescom and posted about the Deadpool preview:
http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2012/08/ga ... dpool.html

Sweeeeeet! Thank you Boss! Well maybe the game-play is bad ass enough to compensate for Way's writing. Most games aren't about depth and great writing anyways so this might just work.
Proud believer of Kopimism in Ctrl C + Ctrl V we trust!
n00biito

Postby Spartakus X » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Too bad that Tieri wasn't assigned with the task. The Deadpool/Thunderbolt thing kind of proves that Marvel appreciates what Way is
doing with Deadpool up to a point. He draws a certain crowd with his Deadpool I guess.
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Next

Return to TV/Movies/Games