Deadpool Movie Development

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Re: Deadpool Movie Development

Postby cc008 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:32 am

Funny thing is it seems the script and the reel for this movie are getting a lot more praise from writers and fans alike... you never hear this stuff about any other movie because the scripts don't leak and no one talks about the sales real for Iron Man or the Avengers because they know the movies getting made... Just posting what I saw on twitter.
cc008

Postby brohne » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 pm

n00biito wrote: Personally, I'd like to see they turn 5 Ronin into a movie (since it's non canon and nobody would care if they fuck it up) ala Bunraku style.

I loved Bunraku, funny, edgy and still beautifully violent.

cc008 wrote:Funny thing is it seems the script and the reel for this movie are getting a lot more praise from writers and fans alike... you never hear this stuff about any other movie because the scripts don't leak and no one talks about the sales real for Iron Man or the Avengers because they know the movies getting made... Just posting what I saw on twitter.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but if a movie IS getting made the script rarely ever leaks and never in it's entirety. It's career suicide to leak a script, each one is watermarked and/or coded to the cast member's name. Often only the director and assistant director have complete scripts. That's why I take any news of a script as trolling, I don't care who said what. Until it's official and I mean legit press releases and an update on IMDb, I'm not inclined to believe anything.
Sadomasochistic writer with delusions of grandeur.
brohne

Postby cc008 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 pm

That was pretty much my point haha.
cc008

Postby brohne » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I know I was agreeing with you, just more wordily . . . yeah.
Sadomasochistic writer with delusions of grandeur.
brohne

Postby cc008 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 pm

High five!
cc008

Postby cc008 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/28/st ... her-films/ Here's something that was posted as a comment on facebook... towards the end of the article Stan makes a small comment about Deadpool. Not serious at all but the idea would be fun to think about.
cc008

Postby Spartakus X » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm

brohne wrote:That's why I take any news of a script as trolling, I don't care who said what. Until it's official and I mean legit press releases and an update on IMDb, I'm not inclined to believe anything.

But the story about the lady working as a flower sales woman regularly, who leaked the script and is being sued like hell by Fox...
I never read it either, because I thought it was bogus.

I don't know about this whole movie thing. Would I love a Deadpool movie? No question! What kind of a movie would it be, were it made.
Super hero movies suck! Only good one was Man-Thing! Just kidding, but these I dig: Superman, Batman, Blade, Iron Man I, Watchmen,
Losers, Iron Man I, Hulk I (Ang Lee did great, I don't know why people complain), Spider-Man and Hell Boy (depending on how baked I
am, "amazing" not included on the 1st, haven't seen that one), Spawn (slay-me-later, I remember how p.o.ed MacFarlane was having to
make a character Caucasian)...X-Men was ok, maybe that's just because I liked Xavier & Magneto...Punisher was ok too, saw it for the
1st time last week. Ah, Green Latern. Ok. "Ok" means I wasn't appalled, but am in no hurry to see it again.
For all I know, Hollywood, especially a studio like Fox, will rather tend to ruin material than embrace what it has to offer.
Robert Rodriguez would've been the type to pull this off correctly, I think. Oh yeah, I loved Sin City. Even "300" and that had a scary
political message, if viewed in a certain way, but than, so did LoR III...Also Snyder's last good movie for the time being...
The Crow was great, so tragic. Robocop based on Miller's comic, one of the best movies ever made. How dare they touch
a Paul Verhoeven movie and do a remake? I'm no Schwarzenegger voter, but Total Recall was good as it was I bet.
So much for rambling.

After the new comic run and the video game and all the merchandize around it have boosted market value and popularity, it'll be different.
Best case, a Deadpool movie might hit theaters in summer 2015.
Last edited by Spartakus X on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Postby n00biito » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 pm

What the double post? Could one of them be deleted please?
Proud believer of Kopimism in Ctrl C + Ctrl V we trust!
n00biito

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Fixed
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby Spartakus X » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

That double post thing was me? Sorry! I tend to edit around a lot after I post, maybe clicked around too much. I think you "killed" the better version Boss! :P N00biito's fault for not noticing slight differences in phrasing and contents!!! :cry:
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movies/Games