Deadpool Movie Development

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Re: Deadpool Movie Development

Postby richeymitsu » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Here's an interesting thought...

From what I understand, Fox has the rights to several Marvel properties at present (X-Men, Fantastic 4 etc), but forfeit those rights if they do not use them.

Is this correct?

If so, with Marvel's current streak of above average, commercially successful super-flicks, Fox find themselves in the situation of "We can't let Marvel have their toys back!" and so are re-booting all of the franchises to cash in on Marvel's success and retain the rights to the big hitters like Spider-man.

If this is correct, how sad would it be if Fox dumped the project and the rights reverted to Marvel? Unless, of course, some lawyer somewhere has screwed up and has sold Deadpool to Fox tied to the X-franchise? Then it would sink and never be heard from again...
LIAR! Where's your toolbox? You've got ANTI-FREEZE!
richeymitsu

Postby cc008 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:54 pm

While you're correct that they forfeit those rights if they don't produce any movies, but its in like a 4 year span. I dont think they own Spider-man though. From what I've heard, since the Deadpool movie is technically a spin-off of Wolverine, Fox has the rights. So the waiting could go on forever if Fox keeps spitting out mediocre flicks.
cc008

Postby richeymitsu » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Then I am sad...
LIAR! Where's your toolbox? You've got ANTI-FREEZE!
richeymitsu

Postby cc008 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Join the club lol
cc008

Postby dipper.f » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:45 am

cc008 wrote:While you're correct that they forfeit those rights if they don't produce any movies, but its in like a 4 year span. I dont think they own Spider-man though. From what I've heard, since the Deadpool movie is technically a spin-off of Wolverine, Fox has the rights. So the waiting could go on forever if Fox keeps spitting out mediocre flicks.

Spider-Man is owned by Sony. and Yes. that's true. they don't have to make a deadpool film to keep his rights... just an x-men film. it's not like they lost nightcrawler's rights since 2003 either....
I can be Hurtful

I can be

I can be Anything you like
dipper.f

Postby jaHer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:27 pm

cc008 wrote:From what I've heard, since the Deadpool movie is technically a spin-off of Wolverine, Fox has the rights.

jaHer

Postby dipper.f » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:23 am

jaHer wrote:
cc008 wrote:From what I've heard, since the Deadpool movie is technically a spin-off of Wolverine, Fox has the rights.

Oh Come on! You totally knew that! Why else would Lauren Schuler Donner have her paws all over it ?
I can be Hurtful

I can be

I can be Anything you like
dipper.f

Postby jaHer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 pm

I know but I still wanted to pretend it wasn't true.
Ok.
OK.
OK?!!
jaHer

Postby cc008 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Here is a tweet from Joe Carnahan that Rhett Reese vouched for a few moments ago on twitter...

Joe Carnahan‏@carnojoe

" Some anonymous someone just snuck me a peek of Tim Miller's 'DEADPOOL' sales reel that Just Simply Fucking CRUSHES. THAT is Wade Wilson."

He also replied to a fan saying it was everything a Deadpool fan would want.
cc008

Postby n00biito » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 am

cc008 wrote:Here is a tweet from Joe Carnahan that Rhett Reese vouched for a few moments ago on twitter...

Joe Carnahan‏@carnojoe

" Some anonymous someone just snuck me a peek of Tim Miller's 'DEADPOOL' sales reel that Just Simply Fucking CRUSHES. THAT is Wade Wilson."

He also replied to a fan saying it was everything a Deadpool fan would want.

That's what they ALL say. Of course they are going to say that. Every movie ever made based on something else such as comics, books, games etc. before they get released they say it everything that a X fan would want. More often that not, it isn't. Personally, I'd like to see they turn 5 Ronin into a movie (since it's non canon and nobody would care if they fuck it up) ala Bunraku style.
Proud believer of Kopimism in Ctrl C + Ctrl V we trust!
n00biito

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movies/Games