Deadpool Movie Development

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Re: Deadpool Movie Development

Postby Roshambo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:57 pm

clutchNthrottle wrote:There was a bunch of promos on Comedy Central Tuesday eve during Tosh.O... think there was a new one for each commercial segment... glad I DVR'd it.

Wonder if they had the wrong day? I thought they were supposed to be doing that Monday night, but I thought I just missed it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Roshambo

Postby Roshambo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:17 am

Today's the day!! Less than 11 hours to go. I have never gone to a "premiere" screening. Anyone else been? How early should I show up to get a good seat?

Roshambo

Postby PoolFan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 am

I'm going to a 7:00 showing tonight. I will be heading up there around 4:00.

I'm going to an 11:30am show tomorrow at a theater with reserved seating. I wish all theaters would go to this. Besides Deadpool, my days of standing in line for hours before a movie are over.
PoolFan

Postby Roshambo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Same with me. I usually go to a Regal that has reclining, reserved seats, but decided to do IMAX for Deadpool. I'll probably end up taking my wife to see it at Regal at some point, too. I'm going to a 7pm showing, and meeting up with a few people at the theater around 6ish. Hopefully that's not too late.

Roshambo

Postby Roshambo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Outbid at $27. I think $30/shipped is too much for now. We'll see how they go after tonight.

Roshambo

Postby clutchNthrottle » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Roshambo wrote:Outbid at $27. I think $30/shipped is too much for now. We'll see how they go after tonight.

Hell I think $10 is too much. There's going to be thousands if not 10s of thousands of these things.

Figure even if each theater gets only 100 figures (that would be just the 1st 10 people in the 1st 10 rows!) then assume only 2 theaters in each state carry the promo that's still 10k figures...

For perspective that's already more than 3 times the typical print run of a Deadpool "exclusive" variant covers at 3k copies per... and there's plenty of these retailer exclusives still around at $10-$25 a copy over a year (or in some cases yearS later... looking at you Mile High Pricing) and that's on a $4 cover price book... not a 2" piece of what looks to be grocery store 25cent vending machine toy plastic... albeit packaged in a stunning wrapper!
clutchNthrottle

Postby Roshambo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Here's hoping. The reason I'm expecting it to run up is because Deadpool action figures are generally high priced on the secondary market, and other than the hot toys version, this is going to be the only one made in the movie costume(as far as we know right now).

Roshambo

Postby bairdduvessa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 am

just saw it, i feel like a teen who just had intimate relations for the first time, i'm all warm and giddy.

still, bummed ben didn't get a shout out in the credits; otherwise what a fucking fun movie. i am definitely seeing this movie again
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Postby PoolFan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 am

Everything I wanted and more.

Can't wait to see it again tomorrow!
PoolFan

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:49 am

It was OK.

The animation at the start of the closing credits was moronic, though. It started out alright, but then it was dick joke after dick joke after dick joke. Somebody must have brought their annoying 11 year old to work and given him that job to keep him out of the way. It doesn't spoil the movie proper, but unfortunately it constituted my final impression.

I didn't stick around for the post-credits, because I like to be a spoilsport and leave while the rest of the audience is avidly anticipating it. My shapely body sauntering up the aisle also gives everybody something more interesting to look at than a list of celebrity names.
BillyOfBillycartLane

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movies/Games