Deadpool Movie Development

Discus any appearances of Deadpool in movies, TV shows, or video games

Deadpool Movie Development

Postby cc008 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:03 pm

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blo ... us-update/

AOTS just tweeted this article about the Deadpool movie.. some encouraging things, but nothing huge. Although, it is good to hear that they're still moving forward.
cc008

Re: Deadpool Movie Development

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:53 pm

I changed the topic of this thread. I think it makes more sense to have on thread that just gets updated when news comes out then have a bunch for each little piece of news.

Also, why link to that article? I had all that news posted this morning:
http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2011/09/ne ... movie.html
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby cc008 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:21 am

Wow, my bad.. must've missed it.
cc008

Postby DeadpoolFool » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:32 pm

I will say, what I said on the actual story.

I'm tired of getting nothing more than "Oh we're still working on it" or "It's a work in progress" comments. I want some results. The last result we heard about was that they found a director. Okay so shouldn't that mean they should be finding some other actors by now?

I mean seriously, think about this......X-Men First Class was announced the same day as the Deadpool movie, why is that movie already coming out on DVD and this isn't? Wolverine 2 was announced the same day as the Deadpool movie, why is that already hiring secondary actors and this isn't? Why are these movies being worked on while Deadpool sits in the back waiting his turn. Now I hear they want to make X-men First Class 2, is that movie going to push Deadpool back even more? Why can't FOX work on both Wolverine and Deadpool at the same time?

Seriously FOX, get it done or drop it like the Magneto movie so you can spare us all the "it's a work in progress" bull-hockey that's been going on for about 2 years now. I've been patient this far, but now my patience is getting thin. I mean even a movie like The Dark Knight Rises, was announced early in 2010 and that movie is coming out next year. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TAKE THIS LONG!!!!!!

I'm not satisfied only watching half of the race, I want to see them get to the finish line. This movie has barely walked off the starting line within two years.

Do you want FOX pushing it back more and more till people just drop interest all together and they cancel the whole thing. That's what happened to the Magneto movie. They had a script written by a well known writer, a lead actor, and a director all signed up (sound familiar). But FOX decided to go ahead with other movies and left it to slowly rot away and die.

I want FOX to either do it, or leave it alone. Stop teasing us by saying the same "We're working on it" bull-crap over and over and over and over.

Marvel studios alone managed to make both Captain America and Thor at the same time. So why is FOX doing only one movie at a time. They have enough (if not more) money than Marvel studios does since they are one of the biggest film studios behind Warner Brothers and Disney.

Think of it this way, if they started production the same time X-men first class was released, filmed it at the same time, then we'd already have seen the movie. Heck if they start production a year after they started working on First Class we'd have the movie out next year. It only takes two years to make a movie, it's been two years so why has this movie not even started filming yet?
DeadpoolFool

Postby Ramystein » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:09 am

Regarding your Magneto parts of your rants, and to use my awesome powers of turning this off topic, is it just me or did anyone else think that they just scrapped together bits and pieces of the Magneto Origins script into First Class? I mean, that movie might as well been called "Magneto and a bunch of other background assholes" in my opinion.

This reminds me, I need to buy First Class on Blu Ray later today.

But yea, my friend who is a big Deadpool fan curses at the tv, computer monitor, etc, etc whenever he sees an interview with Ryan Reynolds and they ask him about Deadpool. He claims you can tell in his facial expression/change of tone whenever they bring that name up, it is as if he is lying that they are following through with the movie. I noticed it too. Go back, find some interviews, put on a Sherlock Holms hat and pretend you have advanced degrees in sociology, pscyhology and whatever other degrees you can think of and take note of how his tone changes as if he almost feels he is getting caught in a lie.

I mean, you can see what all of what I said as credible knowledge, or, like it probably is, the rantings of some insane loser on the internet. For all I know, he is probably just sick and tired of being asked about the damn movie and is like "jesus, this asshole with that question again."

But I mean, he keeps taking ALL THIS WORK instead of just working on the damn movie. Now he has that cartoon on Fox coming out with this woman he may or may not be boning on the reg since working on that movie together a few years back.
Tickle me and rub my belly.
Ramystein

Postby cc008 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:22 am

I think the Magneto movie was dropped in part because of First-Class. Why make both? Theyre almost the same thing.

As far as Ryan Reynolds goes.. if you don't want to have the question asked to you anymore, just be honest with us. Tell us its not happening so we can move on. If it truly is still in the "boring development stages" as he said on Attack of the Show when promoting the Change Up, then be prepared to answer the question every time youre in an interview. Because contrary to popular belief, a lot of people want this movie to be made.
cc008

Postby The Mast » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't particularly care if it ever gets made. It'd prefer it not to, to be perfectly honest.

1. We've seen how Hollywood dictates comics nowadays. Steve wouldn't be Cap again if there was no movie out, and Bucky wouldn't be dead. Considering that, what version of Deadpool is EEEVERYONE, new bandwagon posers included, familiar with? Marvel's version of Dane Cook. Waypool. I'm no Capo, but he's the worst thing to happen to Deadpool since Marvel decided to push him (Outside of the first 10-12 issues, which I did like). So, we know that Hollywood likes to cater to the idea that people will go to see what they recognise. People won't wanna show up and see Deadpool waxing morally with Siryn over his past. They don't wanna see him cradling Copycat in his arms in the hopes that his healing factor will bring her back from the brink of death. They want, "PANCAKES! CHIMICHANGA!"

2. It's Fox. They've not made a good, respectably faithful (In tone or adaptation) version of any comic they've adapted. X-Men: First Class, though the best comic movie they've made, still severely disappointed me outside of Fassbender's performance (Except for the end when he turned Irish). I have no faith they'll do any good with Deadpool.

3. Shuler-Donner said, "Yes, he was treated wrong in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine." Right, well...if you know he was, or knew he WOULD be, why let it happen at all? They don't give a shit. They have access to source material, but they didn't care to use it. Just like the creative geniuses thought that making Wolverine and Sabretooth brothers would boost their hatred through sibling rivalry. They have one of the most deep-rooted, hate-filled feuds in comic history. Why would you need to make them brothers?

4. I know Deadpool, I love the character (Not so much now, but in principle and in the past) and I love the comics for the most part. I don't need to see him in live action. Granted, I don't NEED Iron Man or The Dark Knight either, but at least with those movies you know that there's a solid chance they're gonna be brilliant in different ways. They are handled by people who care. Deadpool's risks of being complete shit far outweigh any curiosity I have about seeing what a movie would be like.

I actually stated on The Deadpool Forum, before it went to shit and everyone stopped using it, that Quentin Tarantino should direct. A year later, Reynolds says that's who HE wants to direct. If that happened, I'd be 100% more interested. There's another problem, though.

5. Everything that would make an amazing Deadpool flick has already been done in other movies. If you combine Kill Bill, Machete, Inglourious Basterds and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, you've pretty much got every possible Deadpool base covered. The comedically brutal, the actually brutal, the stylistic storytelling and the wacky comic book glaze. They've all been done.

Everything that needs to be IN Deadpool has been in everything else.

The bottom line is that I just do not trust Fox, creatively, as far as I can throw them.
The Mast

Postby Ramystein » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:03 pm

The script, from what I glanced over, was written well. It is true to the comics, probably the closest to spot on adaption from comics to movies I've seen in forever. The actor is a big fan. He wants it to be true to the comics. I, and I think it is safe to say everyone else, really don't know shit about this director and Fox can suck and egg. First Class was their first movie that was pretty damn good, but X-Men 2, that invasion of the mansion scene was pretty damn good and they should have stuck to that type of shit for Wolverine Origins. Instead, you got what you got. Wolverine Origins isn't bad, once you accept it for what it is, and know that they will, hopefully, do Deadpool justice in this movie (that may or may not ever come out). And in regards to your movies all having what you want in Deadpool movie, just because Ritchie Valens' Donna and the Ramones' Blitzkreig Bop are the same chords/progressions doesn't mean if I wanna hear one, I can just listen to the other.
Ramystein

Postby The Mast » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:15 pm

The second anyone describes X-Men Origins: Wolverine as anything but dog patch is the second I tune out. No disrespect intended, but there's no excuse for anything that movie is.

I've stated my partial feelings on X-Men: First Class, which I didn't like at all besides Fassbender, but here's Fox besides that:

Elektra, Ghost Rider, the Fantastic Four movies, the X-Movies, Daredevil etc.

I don't trust them with anything.
The Mast

Postby Ramystein » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Oh yea, don't get me wrong. When I heard it was confirmed about their version of Deadpool, I flipped a shit. Then all the other shit they did, but whatever. Fox has a perchant for throwing as many characters as they can, regardless of if it makes sense or not and isn't true to the comic's history at all. We all know this. We have all sat there and seen it first hand, I presume. But whatever. It wa something to sit there and fart into a tub of popcorn and not care who sees me scratch myself inappropriately for about 2 hours, ignorning the crap going on outside the theater or room you watch it in. Was it good? Nah. If you're bored, go look at the shit up on imdb about that movie for a brief chuckle.

I just want to see this made cause I'm a fan and so I have something other than Hulk Vs Wolverine and Origins to watch him in and be entertained. No way in hell am I watching any of those goons on youtube "act" in their little skits with their weiner voices and get praise by other goons. Although, the angry comments are always the best, except for when they are directed at you. Some guy once posted 3 long-winded angry rants at me, basically calling me a stain on society, all because I uploaded a "poor quality" video that he didn't like. Well, now that I think about it, that was pretty funny seeing as how that loser does nothing but post videos of him making stupid voices and playing video games I couldn't care less about. Fuck that guy and his stupid voice and video games.
Ramystein

Next

Return to TV/Movies/Games