Page 1 of 1

Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am
by godisabuddhist
So now that we've finally gotten issue 2 out, what are your thoughts?

I kind of thought the humor fell short compared to the first. Not sure yet if it is the writing or the art that is causing the delays, but I do hope that #3 is more like #1 than #2

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:29 pm
by DeadpoolFool
I like the premise and everything that's been set up. It's still a bit too soon. I usually like to give a creative team at least 5 issues, you can usually get a feel of things to come by then. If the creative team works or not.

Like I said, I'm digging the idea that Deadpool thinks of himself as a monster and that he relates with them more than he does other human beings and wants to be a good leader/king to them. I kind of hope they dive more into that and explore that a bit more.

The art is pretty good. As a fellow artist I try not to crap-on other artists cause we all have our own style.

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:09 am
by cc008
I've only read issue one, but I like some of the themes and more serious characters that are being pulled into the book (Kraven, Bloodstone, Cap). I originally wasn't going to give it a shot, but I saw Cap show up in #2 so I went back and got #1 and liked it enough to continue for a bit

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 pm
by godisabuddhist
I agree that it may be too soon to judge the book, but at this rate 5 issues is going to take a year!

Anyone know what is behind the delays?

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:03 am
by Lovingtacos
No idea at all.

But, if #5's release date is any indication, it seems they will try to release it the first week of the month. Let's see what Thursday's solicitations say about #6. I wonder if Gerardo Sandoval will do two issues in a row replacing -and giving some rest to- Bachalo, if that is going to be the trend.

That said, I agree with what it's been said in general. Above that, I think it can shape itself into something very good :)

DeadpoolFool wrote:As a fellow artist I try not to crap-on other artists cause we all have our own style.

Would you mind if you linked us to some of your art? I'd like to see!

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:53 am
by DeadpoolFool
Lovingtacos wrote:
DeadpoolFool wrote:As a fellow artist I try not to crap-on other artists cause we all have our own style.

Would you mind if you linked us to some of your art? I'd like to see!


Absolutely....Here's my DeviantART page....

https://www.deviantart.com/tadbrock/gallery/

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:55 am
by anthonyv8
Lovingtacos wrote:I wonder if Gerardo Sandoval will do two issues in a row replacing -and giving some rest to- Bachalo, if that is going to be the trend.


It looks like Bachalo is jumping ship to a new Spider-man title in June: https://marvelousnews.com/268-26509, so we can expect an announcement about a new 'regular' DP artist soon. Bachalo's work seems rushed lately and isn't up to his previous standard, so I'm OK with this. I think he's a better fit for Spidey anyway.

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:43 pm
by Lovingtacos
DeadpoolFool wrote:
Lovingtacos wrote:
DeadpoolFool wrote:As a fellow artist I try not to crap-on other artists cause we all have our own style.

Would you mind if you linked us to some of your art? I'd like to see!


Absolutely....Here's my DeviantART page....

https://www.deviantart.com/tadbrock/gallery/


Thank you! I liked how you reimagined that DP Kills the Marvel Universe page. It must be a very good way of practicing :)

anthonyv8 wrote:
Lovingtacos wrote:I wonder if Gerardo Sandoval will do two issues in a row replacing -and giving some rest to- Bachalo, if that is going to be the trend.


It looks like Bachalo is jumping ship to a new Spider-man title in June: https://marvelousnews.com/268-26509, so we can expect an announcement about a new 'regular' DP artist soon. Bachalo's work seems rushed lately and isn't up to his previous standard, so I'm OK with this. I think he's a better fit for Spidey anyway.

Yeah, it looks that's what is going to happen. I also agree he hasn't been his best lately too, and even that he's a better fit for Spidey too, even if I like his vision of Wade (though I personally like more how he drew him on SP/DP).

I wonder if Sandoval would be the 'new artist'. Don't love his work, but given the big 90s influence in his art, it would make sense. Any artists you would like? I mean, realistically, that are/have been recently working in Marvel. I don't think, for instance, that Daniel Warren Johnson will jump to this out of the blue ;)

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:31 am
by anthonyv8
Lovingtacos wrote:I wonder if Sandoval would be the 'new artist'. Don't love his work, but given the big 90s influence in his art, it would make sense.


Just came across this - it's looking like Sandoval might be the new regular artist - see https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/what-does-deadpool-look-for-in-a-relationship

It also looks like they're making up some of the lost shipping time from the earlier issues: https://comicstore.marvel.com/Deadpool-2019/comics-series/135708

Deadpool #4 - March 18, Bachalo
Deadpool #5 - April 1, Sandoval
Deadpool #6 - April 15, Libranda
Deadpool #7 - May 20, Sandoval

Re: Deadpool v6 - Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:03 am
by Lovingtacos
By what the article is saying, it does sound like it! Thank you for the find, Anthony.

And it's good to know they are making up some of the lost time, too. Sandoval may have been working like crazy if he's going to fit these dates!!