Deadpool Books Coming in October 2018

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Deadpool Books Coming in October 2018

Postby cc008 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 pm

DEADPOOL #5
SKOTTIE YOUNG (w) • Scott Hepburn (A)
Cover by NIC KLEIN
Marvel Battle Lines Variant Cover by HEEJIN JEON
• Ah, Halloween! Trick-or-treating, spooky ghost stories, zombies coming to life and terrorizing your local mall, elaborate jack-o-lanterns…
• Wait a minute…one of those things doesn’t sound good! It doesn’t sound good at all!
• Well, I guess DEADPOOL will have to handle it — if he can survive a walkathon turned zombie-thon!
• All this, and the return of a classic MARVEL VILLAIN that will send chills up your spine!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #1 (of 5)
DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W) • RICARDO López ORTIZ (A)
Cover by Ryan Benjamin
Variant Cover by Cully Hamner
VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
VIBRANIUM BULLETS AND REGROWING LIMBS – EVERYTHING YOU WANT FROM A COMIC IS HERE!
Deadpool’s teamed up with, taken down or taken a beating from just about every hero in the Marvel Universe. And no way is the Black Panther going to miss out on his turn. From Late Show writer Daniel Kibblesmith comes a hilarious romp through Wakanda as Deadpool goes on the hunt for the world’s most valuable resource: Vibranium! When a beloved figure of the Marvel Universe becomes collateral damage in a fight between Deadpool and the Wrecker, the heroic Deadpool sets out to obtain a fragment of Vibranium that could save the victim’s life. But his unconventional methods — ranging from poaching to dismemberment — don’t sit well with the King of Wakanda, and Deadpool’s about to learn that you don’t bring a sword to a claw fight!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #40
ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
MATT HORAK (A)
Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
• The mean streets of New Jersey. The Savage Land. The Wide World of Personal Grooming (we hope).
• Spider-Man and Deadpool have taken their developmentally young LMD ward, Master Matrix, to wondrous places, but now their journey as a family is coming to an end.
• To whence from here, Master Matrix? Are you cured at last of your anti-human ideations? And can Spidey and DP’s friendship survive empty-nester syndrome?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MR. AND MRS. X #2
KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
LOVE & MARRIAGE PART 2!
ROGUE and GAMBIT find themselves tasked with protecting a mysterious package that everyone in the galaxy suddenly seems to want. Why does everyone want this thing and WHAT exactly is it? Perhaps more importantly, is there anything worse than Deadpool crashing your honeymoon? Yes! There is something worse! TECHNET crashing too! Man your battle stations, people – it’s absolute honeymoon mayhem!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Diamond Code: JUN180928

MR. AND MRS. X #3
KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)
Cover by TERRY DODSON
LOVE & MARRIAGE PART 3!
ROGUE and GAMBIT’S romantic getaway is but a faint memory as they’re forced to team up with DEADPOOL to protect a dangerous and extremely valuable “package” when half the galaxy comes to claim it. What secrets does the package hold that the Imperial Guard and Deathbird (with an entire Shi’ar rebellion in tow!) will risk everything for? More importantly, can Rogue, Gambit, and Deadpool stop bickering long enough to win?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Diamond Code: JUL181125
cc008

Re: Deadpool Books Coming in October 2018

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Klein's covers are flipping me out... Talking covers, there should be some sort of Dave Johnson cover work collection sometime. Only on Deadpool alone, he has produced a lot of material... and what material!

Unless there's some delay, Mr. and Mrs. X come out on August and September, respectively.

Weapon X #24's text doesn't mention Wade, but its continuing the story of 23... Do you think the editor of Greg Pak would answer on Twitter? :?
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:22 am

Yes, you're correct. Mr and Mrs X 2 and 3 comes out in August and September respectfully. I don't know why they keep listing them. Good to be reminded, I guess? Whatever.

The ongoing book's solicitations are not getting me excited at all. Seriously having my doubts.

It's worth taking a shot on Twitter and asking Pak, I don't follow him, so I don't really know how he is with stuff like that.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:04 pm

cc008 wrote:Yes, you're correct. Mr and Mrs X 2 and 3 comes out in August and September respectfully. I don't know why they keep listing them

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to correct you or anything. I don't want to be a smart aleck or anything... I wanted to clarify if someone's interested in them :)

cc008 wrote:The ongoing book's solicitations are not getting me excited at all. Seriously having my doubts.

Me neither... got to read more, thought. The transition from twice-monthly to simply monthly isn't helping either. I'm waiting to read next week's and
see how the following arc unravels... Which will start in November, I guess. For the time being, what I'm digging the most is Klein.

According to Newsarama, Young was supposed to take part on the X-Men panel in SDCC... but he didn't at the end. The summary stated something about "Wade rediscovering his origins", so the next arc will revolve about that probably.

cc008 wrote:It's worth taking a shot on Twitter and asking Pak, I don't follow him, so I don't really know how he is with stuff like that.

I have, he has twitted but not answered mine haha. In his right he is. Well, if Wade finally appears I'll probably buy it later on.
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Ya know.. I thought Skottie was supposed to be a part of that panel. That really sucks that he ended up not doing it, because I know he was there. Would've liked to hear SOMETHING about the comic. Duggan was usually really on top of that stuff.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 am

cc008 wrote:Ya know.. I thought Skottie was supposed to be a part of that panel. That really sucks that he ended up not doing it, because I know he was there. Would've liked to hear SOMETHING about the comic. Duggan was usually really on top of that stuff.

Worse... he even was with Cebulski on another panel!

Stuff happens, of course, but someone -if not him, anybody- could've reached the audience and say there'd been a change of plans :|
Lovingtacos

Return to Comics