DEADPOOL Gets a 'Fresh Start' From SKOTTIE YOUNG & NIC KLEIN

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

DEADPOOL Gets a 'Fresh Start' From SKOTTIE YOUNG & NIC KLEIN

Postby cc008 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 pm

cc008

Re: DEADPOOL Gets a 'Fresh Start' From SKOTTIE YOUNG & NIC K

Postby PoolFan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:46 pm

I’m a fan of Young’s art but have never read anything he’s written. I’ve heard good things about his “I Hate Fairyland” so hopefully it will be a fun run.

Nic Klein’s art looks nice and gritty. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for DP.
PoolFan

Postby Lovingtacos » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Thank you! Any initial impressions? I haven't read anything written by Young, actually.

EDIT: Sorry, PoolFan. I didn't come by your post before submitting mine. Now that you mention it, I recall reading good things about "I Hate Fairyland", too.

Hopefully we'll see some art before the end of the week.
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:30 pm

He's gotten really good reviews for I Hate Fairyland and his Rocket Racoon series. I always think of him as an artist too though. Love Nic Klein's art. Duggan and Posehn were even bigger question marks than this team and all they did was write the best Deadpool story ever. So I'm cautiously optimistic, just like I was in 2012 when Marvel NOW! launched.
cc008

Postby cc008 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:12 pm

This isn't from the series (or is it?) but Klein posted it at the beginning of February

cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:02 am

I was just going to post that! hahaha

There was a retweet from the owner. So I guess it was a commission? It's dope, anyway :)

I hope he follows the Tony Moore costume design on the actual comic.
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Lovingtacos wrote:I hope he follows the Tony Moore costume design on the actual comic.

Me too -- such an upgrade.

Jake Thomas will be editing the book, by the way.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks for the update again!

"Skottie Young has one of the wildest, most unhinged creative minds I’ve ever worked with, and I mean that as the sincerest compliment I can muster," Thomas said. "His ideas for Wade are flying fast and furious, this book is going to be a non-stop chaos party as Wade battles his way back on top of the mercenary game using every dirty trick, cheap sales tactic, crass promotional ploy, and underhanded advantage he can…and he’ll be bringing along some old friends for help. As for Nic Klein, he’s one of my favorite artists working, and the work he’s doing on this book is INCREDIBLE. I’ve seen Nic bring humor to a story, but I haven’t seen him go this wild…as a fan of his, an utter joy. You can see the fun he’s having right there in every panel. He’s completely owning every inch of this story. The character work, the world design, the action beats…honestly? It might be TOO good. [Editor] Mark Basso has had to hold me back multiple times from telling Nic to just stop because I can’t take the strange, beautiful glory of those pages anymore. That’s the pain I endure to bring you these amazing Deadpool stories. My blessing and my burden. You’re welcome."

They really know how to sell!!
Lovingtacos

Postby Lovingtacos » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:35 am

Accoding to Newsarama's Chris Arrant, on C2E2 Young has revealed Wade will open an office at the back of another office set up insode a 90s Beanie Babies store. Negasonic Teenage Warhead will co-star.

I'm getting some Simone-run vibes. Were any of you attending C2E2, by instance?
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Simone/Mercs for Money vibes.

"Back to his roots" makes me nervous because we've been there done that. I hope they're able to be original.
cc008

Next

Return to Comics