Deadpool-Related Comic Previews

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Deadpool-Related Comic Previews

Postby cc008 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:44 pm

I would prefer this SO much more than Guardians. Deadpool, Gambit, and OML together? Three of my favorite characters. It's too good to be true. Which is why he probably WILL end up with the GotG. lol
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:54 am

Hahaha Let's keep the faith, everybody! It looks like they're announcing two characters per day, so wwe'll know the outcome soon enough.

I don't know how I missed Gambit's cane there (assuming it's HIS cane ;) )
Lovingtacos

Postby godisabuddhist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:16 am

I am totally out of the loop here - can someone give a quick recap?
godisabuddhist

Postby cc008 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:16 am

godisabuddhist wrote:I am totally out of the loop here - can someone give a quick recap?

Surely! I'm not sure how much you've heard, so I'll give sort of a detailed rundown.

Gerry Duggan is leaving Uncanny Avengers after the Red Skull arc concludes and a new writer is coming on to write the Secret Empire tie-ins to the book. Gerry is taking his talents to a new Guardians of the Galaxy book.

Deadpool, while a main focus in the Red Skull UA arc, is not present on the cover of the first issue following Duggan's departure. He is also going to space is a super sized $10 issue #30 of his solo book. So we're trying to connect some dots and speculating that Deadpool may be the new character in Guardians that editor Jordan D. White mentioned there would be.

Meanwhile, the X-Men are relaunching after Inhumans vs. X-Men, which ends today. That line of books is going by ResurrXion. It includes X-Men Gold (All New All Different lineup minus Cyclops), X-Men Blue (time displaced O5), Generation X (but not who you may think), Iceman, Jean Grey, and Cable. NOW, Marvel's teasing a third X-Men book and announcing characters two by two. The cover is on the previous page of this thread and it appears Deadpool could be one of the characters shaded in black. But it could also be Fantomex.

So yay speculation :)
cc008

Postby godisabuddhist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:37 am

OMG that's a lot going on.....thank you very much for the update. Wow, so Marvel is going to flood the market with more X titles....I guess 90+ books a month wasn't enough for them!
godisabuddhist

Postby godisabuddhist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:38 am

I don't know how I'd feel about DP joing GotG. I love them both, but c'mon......
godisabuddhist

Postby cc008 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

They're actually streamlining them a bit. Extraordinary X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and All-New X-Men are all ending and relaunching as something else. So we're really only getting a few more solo titles. Which is cool.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 pm

This just gets better ;)
Lovingtacos

Postby PoolFan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm going to call that the shaded area to the right is Fantomex. The glove and gun just look more like him/her.

The left figure appears to have hair so I don't think it's Wade either.
PoolFan

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:50 pm

You're right about the glove, though I personally don't remember Fantomex using anything but handguns.

The other guy... Looks like he could have dreadlocks. Plus, having Cable with an ongoing series implying time-travel pararell to this one, would be difficult to manage, wouldn't it? So I'm going for Bishop.

Aaanyways, there's always tomorrow! I'm already happy with the current team... But seriously, I would LOVE Wade in.
Lovingtacos

PreviousNext

Return to Comics