Deadpool-Related Comic Previews

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Deadpool-Related Comic Previews

Postby PoolFan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Lovingtacos wrote:Interview with Fred Van Lente and first look to DP vs. Punisher:
http://www.cbr.com/interview-fred-van-lente-deadpool-vs-punisher/

Also, I have a bit of speculation for your consideration. About a fortnight ago, editor Jordan D. White posted on his Q&A Tumblr account that there are plans to include a 6th member to upcoming Duggan's Guardians of the Galaxy line-up in a little while. Curiously enough, Mike Hawthorne -who usually shares little sneak peaks of his pencil work on Deadpool- posted an image of Wade in this new Spacepool costume that he's designed. These lil' previews belong to issues that are announced around 3 months ahead of the post... So maybe, maybe, our beloved Wade is entering into a new group next Fall?

Duggan posted an inked page of DP #30 on Twitter.
Spoiler:

With all his ties cut on Earth it would make sense for Wade to want to spend some time in space.
PoolFan

Postby cc008 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:14 pm

It would be interesting with him, Quill, and Rocket on the same team mouthing off to each other. I'm not totally excited about that prospect but I could warm up to the idea. Not totally against it either.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:00 pm

PoolFan wrote:With all his ties cut on Earth it would make sense for Wade to want to spend some time in space.

That's eeeexactly what I thought! :)

cc008 wrote:It would be interesting with him, Quill, and Rocket on the same team mouthing off to each other. I'm not totally excited about that prospect but I could warm up to the idea. Not totally against it either.

And that's eeeexactly what I'm feeling about the idea! hahaha

Well, to be honest, it's growing on me :lol: I wonder how it could affect Uncanny Avengers sales/continuity if it turns out to be real.

Spider-Man/Deadpool #15 preview:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/02/exclusive-spider-man-deadpool-15-marvel-preview/

EDIT: Gwenpool #13 lettered preview (DP-guest issue):
http://www.cbr.com/gwenpool-13/

P.S.: Is it okay if i delete the post and repost it updated? I do it with the intention of not double posting, and for you to see the new content on it (eg.: the Gwenpool preview, in this case).
Lovingtacos

Postby PoolFan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:15 pm

It's fine just to double post additional details so it shows up a a new post in the thread.
PoolFan

Postby Lovingtacos » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:39 am

Thank you. I'll try to stick to it in the future :)

Gerry Duggan has confirmed on Tumblr that his Uncanny Avengers run is ending with issue 23. Jim Zub is taking the helm starting with issue 24. I doubt Wade will continue in the group is Duggan's out...

Anyways, I think this weighs on the possibility of Wade being on Guardians. Now I wonder what could happen with SP/DP if it actually happens... probably nothing; the series is pretty off-events (or has been until now).
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:07 am

I'll probably stop reading the book when Duggan leaves. Because it looks like both Cable and Deadpool will also be gone and that's a huge blow to the book in my opinion. It also makes the chances of Wade going to GotG with Duggan even higher, which I'm still not so sure about, but I'll be open to it because it's Duggan.

As for SM/DP, it does seem to be off in it's own little world, but is obviously in-universe because it's tying in to the DP event and their friendship is being reflected in Uncanny Avengers. Doesn't Wade still not have his scarring in this book though? Awkward.
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 am

Yes, I agree it's awkward because it's something editors usually are careful to look after these details... Maybe there'll be some explanation to it cause... or not. Again, it doesn't matter really.

I'm giving too much hype to the GotG matter, I'm afraid hahaha
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Could this be Deadpool's next destination and not Guardians?

cc008

Postby misterviking » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 pm

I saw that today. Looks a little like him, but I reckon it'll more likely be Fantomex.

EDIT: Here's a more recent version, from earlier today.

misterviking

Postby Lovingtacos » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Thank you for the heads up! Interesting indeed. As of March 7, they have released another teaser. This goes fast!

He could much indeed be Deadpool (or Fantomex; note he has no katana, though the weapon is more Wade-ish). The guy on the left... Cable? Bishop, maybe? Let's see where it takes us!

Anyways, there's more chances for him to be here than to Guardians. (And doesn't it look like there's an AWFUL LOT of characters there?)
Lovingtacos

PreviousNext

Return to Comics