Deadpool-Related Comic Previews

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Deadpool-Related Comic Previews

Postby cc008 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 am

Deadpool is included in Marvel's Legacy teaser... which seems to be the renumbering of titles back to the original numbers. We're rapidly appraoching #300 with the main Deadpool book.

cc008

Postby cc008 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:52 am

Deadpool #32 preview (Secret Empire tie-in)

http://www.cbr.com/deadpool-32-2/

UNLETTERED Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Again #1:

http://www.cbr.com/deadpool-kills-the-m ... e-again-1/
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 am

I'm reviving this thread for a moment.

Confirming some rumors, Marvel is having a fresh start on May with new #1's coming along the way. DP appears in a promo piece they've shared. Art by Jim Cheung:

They are going to announce new creative teams for some franchises "over the next couple of weeks", according to Tom Brevoort. He also has said that some series will have dual numbering (the Legacy one + #1 and on). By this moment, they have announced new teams for Venom (Donny Cates + Ryan Stegman) and Avengers (Jason Aaron + Ed McGuiness), alone.

Many people are commenting this is a movement of "de-Alonsing" and "de-Bendising", and the first editorial initiative of the "Cebulski Era". I'm not familiar with these "internal quarrels", but it may mean something for you; which direction they might take on Deadpool.

The May solicits come tomorrow (Newsarama).

P.D.: Bendis said recently he was offered Deadpool as a posible to continue on Marvel :o
Lovingtacos

Postby cc008 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm very thankful Bendis didn't take Deadpool. The Deadpool he wrote in recent Defenders issues wasn't great.

Thanks for posting this though. Tomorrow's solicitations will have Duggan's final issue (#300) listed.. I wonder if there will be any hints about what's to come. I'm sure tomorrow and Friday we'll hear something. I'm honestly at a total loss for who's going to take over.

In other Gerry Duggan news, Image Expo 2018 was today and he has a new Image book coming out called Dead Rabbit about a wise-cracking mercenary/hit man :)
cc008

Postby Lovingtacos » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:30 am

You are welcome :)

Personally, I did like Wade on Defenders, principally on the issue he was featured the most (#7, I think it was). The drawback with him is that he was misused and, in the end, his incursion was dispensable. Honestly, I'd apply this to the whole series: there was an awful lot of building up but virtually no outcome. I really like Bendis' dialoguing, and Marquez's art is killer for the most time... But there was (almost) no story.

As for Duggan, all good things come to an end... don't they? It's sad he's leaving, but at the same time it makes me happy to know he's writing the conclusion he wants to. I'd take that above anything ;)

Let's cross fingers for what's coming! It'll be different alright, but I'm sure they'll try their best. I dunno when we'll hear something... but letme drop a little bit. Javier Garrón, Mike del Mundo are working on some "top-secret" projects... Cullen Bunn hasn't been solicited anything yet, and we have Al Ewing there too. Declan Shalvey has also said he's drawing a whole new arc for an upcoming Marvel-something. We'll see!

Thanks for informing about Dead Rabbits. Gonna check it for sure :)
Lovingtacos

Previous

Return to Comics