Deadpool 250 and death

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Deadpool 250 and death

Postby porkchoppunch » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:59 am

ADoseofBuckley wrote:I have to say I'm a little disappointed by it right now. It may grow on me. Details are behind the "show" button.

Spoiler:
I know that they're leading up to Secret Wars, and him being right there at the end is better than, say, him living or dying only for it to not really matter once Battleworld is formed, but I would have liked his story to be a little more self contained (I know it already ran through another event or two, but never the less). 10 years from now, a person picking up the series in trade form and reading it is going to be like "umm... what happened and why did worlds collide with each other? Why was everything fine one page, and the next the entire world is ending? I don't get it." I know that die hards love this shit, the "universe building" stuff and everything being interconnected, but for a casual reader trying to get into comics, it's really offputting, and it'd be nice to be able to read a series where they keep that to an absolute minimum. That being said, I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the "swerve" (Oh, "Deadpool" is dead, Wade is just going to be Wade now! Kind of a copout but it's funny... *turns page* Oh what the fuck!?"), it easily ties up loose ends without too much problem, I enjoyed Michael and Ben's "home defense system", overall it was a fun read and a fitting end to the series, even if it wasn't quite the end I hoped for.

I sort of agree, I was worried I'd be the only one to say something about it as most people have been acting like Gerry and Brian's run is infallible. Don't get me wrong I've loved what they've done and I'm impressed they essentially made one story over 40 chapters, that's some manga type writing. Usually we get an arc then a new topic with the new arc but in Deadpool every arc expanded the plot from the arc before it.

I personally would have liked for the Thanos story to have been the ending with Wade using the powers to eliminate himself. I would even have been fine with it ending as he left his uniform(which at first I was bummed about thinking that was the ending) But I agree this ending didn't really feel complete, hopefully that will change after Secret Wars.
porkchoppunch

Postby cc008 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 pm

I enjoyed the main story... I haven't read the back up stories yet. But I thought it ended very well. A nice cap to a fantastic run. The incursion thing doesn't bother me and I had a feeling the "Deadpool must die so Wade can live" was a strong possibility. Congrats to everyone involved on a great run.. especially Gerry and Brian. You guys have done so much good things for Wade's character. Sad to see you go.
cc008

Postby Enflict » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:32 am

I'd like to point out they didn't show a certain character's death who is essential to my theory, and he was seen teleporting earlier in the issue, so i still stand by my theory.

Anyone know when Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos comes out?
Enflict

Postby TopPoolUhl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos #1 is slated for a June 10th release.
TopPoolUhl

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:38 am

It wasn't great. The main story was mostly Deadpool being almighty, which isn't really the type of thing I get a kick out of. Plus he didn't even keep his promise to Flag Smasher. Nobody had time to regret their actions. They were just killed as efficiently as Deadpool could manage.

The backup stories were invariably silly. Again, readable but not great. The roast had its moments.

I don't think I'm satisfied with this finale, but it was a nice run regardless.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby Spartakus X » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:09 am

Interesting resurrection.
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Previous

Return to Comics