Hawkeye vs. Deadpool - Potential Spoilers

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool - Potential Spoilers

Postby misterviking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

So. Without going into details about the issue (which I loved) I do have one thing. With what is probably quite a minor continuity snafu.

When did Preston get a daughter?

We know she has her husband Shane, and her son, Jeff. But this issue also introduces a daughter, Ellie.

Ellie, which happens to be the shortened version of Eleanor, Wade's daughter, and how she is referred to in Deadpool, particularly after Preston takes her in.

She's not that Ellie, however, as Eleanor appears in the same section, with Wade.

Now I'd normally blame such a mix up on a writer just skimming the last issue or two, and noticing Jeff playing with Ellie and assuming they were siblings...

Only Gerry Duggan is the writer.

So, yeah. That.
Last edited by misterviking on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misterviking

Re: Hawkeye vs. Deadpool - Potential Spoilers

Postby TopPoolUhl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:10 pm

I know Clint's neighbor Simone has two sons, Preston has one son, and Wade has Eleanor (Ellie). So that accounts for all 4 children in the panel, but I agree the way they are introduced is a little confusing.
TopPoolUhl

Postby misterviking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm

The problem is, they are introduced "my friend, Emily Preston. Her son Terry, and her daughter, Ellie. Over there is Wade and Eleanor."

For one, Terry isn't her son's name. But it definitely reads as Preston having two children, including a daughter.
misterviking

Postby TopPoolUhl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:25 pm

I think the two kids in the pumpkin costumes are Simone's sons, so that leaves only one girl in the panel. But you are right, Preston's son is named Jeff. :?
TopPoolUhl

Postby misterviking » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:33 pm

It's only a minor thing, but it has bugged me a bit.
misterviking

Postby DeadPoolLax » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Great first issue.... but my biggest beef with it was

WHEN DID HAWKEYE BECOME DEAF???!!!!

Seriously when did this happen? Has he always been deaf? Was there like a special issue where Hawkeye lost his hearing?

I'm sorry if I'm out of the loop
You killed Black Tom, you racist son of a bitch!
DeadPoolLax

Postby PoolFan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:04 pm

PoolFan

Postby DeadPoolLax » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Whoa..... very interesting. Thanks PoolFan!
You killed Black Tom, you racist son of a bitch!
DeadPoolLax

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:58 pm

I took it that the public is expected to see Eleanor as Preston's child, as Wade's daughter is supposed to be dead. I don't know why she was introduced twice, though.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby ARob02 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Yeah Hawkeye went deaf again in his new series, which I strongly recommend reading! Also a lot of the jokes that deadpool makes about the layout of the pages are directly from the Hawkeye series.

I was also thinking that Ellie is going to be presented to everyone in the public as Preston's daughter. I would guess this would keep her much safer then if everyone knew she was Deadpool's daughter. I think the introduction to clint was just an error that wasn't caught, like the name of Preston's son. I agree that it is a strange mistake because Duggan is the one writing the series.

I still loved the issue and can't wait to see where this story goes. Deadpool and Hawkeye are two of my favorites and its cool to see them interact so much here lately. (A+X, Thunderbolts, Secret Avengers, & the VS. series)
ARob02

Next

Return to Comics