Variant Comic Covers Featuring Deadpool

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: Variant Comic Covers Featuring Deadpool

Postby slayve » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 pm

misterviking wrote:In relation to the recently announced (on the main page) M&M comics variant for Amazing Spider-Man #1, it appears Dynamuc Forces are offering the same comic, but without any retailer branding. Wish I'd known before ordering the M&M one. Midtown comics have it here: http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... f-63392813

Thanks for the heads up, I wish I would've known about this as well before ordering the M&M one. It sucks they only let you get one copy, I wonder how much these are going to pop up on eBay for....
slayve

Postby misterviking » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Have found out there's a Party Variant for Original Sin #1. Not found an image of the cover yet, but Forbidden Planet UK has it here:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/117438-orig ... y-variant/

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Sketch version too. Will update if I found out more.
misterviking

Postby misterviking » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 pm

misterviking wrote:Have found out there's a Party Variant for Original Sin #1. Not found an image of the cover yet, but Forbidden Planet UK has it here:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/117438-orig ... y-variant/

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Sketch version too. Will update if I found out more.

Have found a few news/rumours sites posting about a Sketch variant too. Looks like the standard deal, the Party Variant won't be that expensive, the Sketch will be one per store etc etc.
misterviking

Postby slayve » Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm

misterviking wrote:In relation to the recently announced (on the main page) M&M comics variant for Amazing Spider-Man #1, it appears Dynamuc Forces are offering the same comic, but without any retailer branding. Wish I'd known before ordering the M&M one. Midtown comics have it here: http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... f-63392813

I just got mine in this morning, turns out they are the exact same thing. Midtown comics changed the title of the variant on their website to reflect that this is an M&M comic exclusive.
slayve

Postby PoolFan » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm glad you posted this Slayve. I was just wondering why I had received the M&M order but not the Midtown order so I looked into my account and saw that it had been denied due to an old credit card being on file when they went to charge the shipping. I had them cancel the order and refund the book. No duplicate for me.
PoolFan

Postby misterviking » Fri May 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Fantastic. I'll get on to Midtown this morning and see if they'll cancel my order, as it seems like it hasn't been shipped yet whilst my M&M one has been.
misterviking

Postby misterviking » Fri May 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Got in with them in just the nick of time. Cheers Slayve, you've saved my already heavily beaten wallet.
misterviking

Postby slayve » Fri May 09, 2014 6:37 pm

No problem. 8-)
slayve

Postby ARob02 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:46 pm

The variant cover for Ultimate Spider-Man #200 has Deadpool's head in the background. Its on the Miles Morales cover.
ARob02

Postby PoolFan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm

That character is Prowler. He is Ultimate Spider-Man's uncle.

Ultimate Prowler
The Ultimate Marvel incarnation of Prowler is Aaron Davis, the uncle of the second Spider-Man (Miles Morales). He and his brother Jefferson Davis used to be partners in crime. Whereas Jefferson becomes reformed by marrying Rio Morales and having Miles Morales, Aaron's criminal activities continue and becomes the cat burglar known as the "Prowler". After Norman Osborn's transformation becomes public knowledge, Prowler breaks into an abandoned OsCorp lab to steal a small red box and other rare items from a safe but OsCorp's genetically altered spider crawled into his duffel bag without his knowledge. Miles later visits his uncle's apartment and is bitten by the spider. After Miles passes out and regains consciousness, Jefferson forbids Aaron to spend time with Miles on account of his criminal life.[32] During a visit to Mexico City, Aaron fights off Mexican crime boss Scorpion (Maximus Gargan). After their deal goes bad, he is detained by Mexican authorities. Returning to New York, Prowler interrogates the Tinkerer (Elijah Stern) about Osborn. Realizing his nephew was bitten by an OsCorp spider, Prowler kills Tinkerer to keep this a secret. He then claims Tinkerer's various tech for himself: an electric suit, a winged suit and electric gauntlets. Davis uses his winged suit in a vain attempt to kill Scorpion. The next day, Davis confronts his nephew about being the new Spider-Man.[33] Davis initially convinces Miles to assist him. But after they defeat Scorpion, Miles comes to realize that his uncle is exploiting him.[34] When Miles decides to sever their relationship, Aaron threatens to tell Miles's parents. They later get into a fight that results in Aaron's gauntlets exploding, killing him but not before telling his nephew that he's just like him.[35] A year later, Spider-Man discovers that his uncle was hired to break into OsCorp by Philip R. Roxxon.[36]
PoolFan

PreviousNext

Return to Comics