New Mutants #98 Sells for $15,449

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Re: New Mutants #98 Sells for $15,449

Postby slayve » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 am

PoolFan wrote:Barcoded copies were sold at retail locations like book and convenience stores and the ones without the barcode were direct sale that went to people with subscriptions and comic shops.

At least that's my understanding.

Yes. Newsstand and subscription, with newsstand typically being rarer. Their is also the Mark Jewlers variant of New Mutants 98. It's not a true variant, it came with an insert for a jewelry company that the regular edition didn't have.
slayve

Postby ARob02 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:30 pm

I've seen people value the newsstand versions of a comic way more than the direct versions. Almost like they consider it a variant and I don't agree with that. I already OCD enough about comics, I don't need to worry if I have every copy of my favorite books in newsstand and direct editions!

With that being said when I bought my CGC 9.8 copy of New Mutants 98, I was going to sell my original copy to help pay for it. When I pulled it out of the long box I noticed that it was a newsstand version and decided not to get rid of it just yet. lol

Mainly because thats the copy I've had since I was a kid, but I also thought it was kinda neat that it was a slightly different then the CGC'd book.
ARob02

Postby lastActionHero » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:40 am

DeadpoolBugle wrote:A GCC 10.0 copy of New Mutants #98 sold for $15,449. That is pretty insane. The previous record was a GCC 9.9 that went for $12,500 in 2009. I remember that being controversial at the time.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/28/ ... 5449-sale/

Wow..!!
And that's why you hold onto your comics! :P
I want to be a CFO of a big publishing company, just like Maureen O'Connell Scholastic
lastActionHero

Postby ADoseofBuckley » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 am

I bought an entire run of New Mutants for $250 a couple years back off eBay, included #98 and a first run of #87 too. Neither are above 9 I'm sure, but I've seen comic shops selling 8's for like $500. This is an insane amount for a 90s book, but Deadpool is massive right now and the movie's helpin'. Anyone wanting to sell, now's probably the time. Shops are even jacking up the price on X-Force #2, and people are paying it (I saw a graded copy go for $45, 6 months ago it was in $1 bins along with the rest of X-Force's 90s run). That's the collectibles business though... everything's worth whatever someone is willing to spend.
ADoseofBuckley

Postby DeadpoolAndFriends » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:29 pm

At one point i was thinking of selling my nearly complete Deadpool collection, but someone told me to wait until after the movie? WHy would now be better than then?
Nate of DeadpoolAndFriends....
Yeah that annoying guy on Youtube who rarely makes anything anymore. Damn SLACKER!
DeadpoolAndFriends

Postby ADoseofBuckley » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:29 pm

DeadpoolAndFriends wrote:At one point i was thinking of selling my nearly complete Deadpool collection, but someone told me to wait until after the movie? WHy would now be better than then?

It's a roll of the dice no matter what. If you do it now, there's a good chance that people are more hungry for it before, especially more casual fans that want to know more about Deadpool (for example, I went out and bought all the TPBs of Sin City when the first movie came out). If you wait until the movie's out, there's also a chance someone will see the movie, and think "oh man, I really liked that, now I want to get more Deadpool stuff!" There's also a possibility that, if your collection is too big, no one's going to want to spend what you want for it, and you'll have to take a lower amount than if you were patient and sold everything off individually.
ADoseofBuckley

Postby PoolFan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:50 pm

When a movie comes out it brings interest to the comics from new and old fans. When the GI Joe movie came out the original Marvel comic run jumped up about $300 from what it sold for before.
PoolFan

Postby One Pool Man » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:20 am

And to think I got mine on ebay for 15 bucks almost ten years ago... damn do I feel old, has it really been that long? :/
One Pool Man

Previous

Return to Comics