Everyone leaving Deadpool after the 1st arc

Discus any of the Deadpool series, miniseries, or appearances.

Everyone leaving Deadpool after the 1st arc

Postby hgiel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am

Since yesterday's issue (#6) I have seen a lot of people say they are canceling their subscription to Deadpool, it seems the breaking point for most people is the thing with Agent Preston.
hgiel

Re: Everyone leaving Deadpool after the 1st arc

Postby shibori78 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm

hgiel wrote:Since yesterday's issue (#6) I have seen a lot of people say they are canceling their subscription to Deadpool, it seems the breaking point for most people is the thing with Agent Preston.

People put up with Way's crap for 60 some issues, and that bothers them? I hope those who plan on cancelling their subscription belong to a small minority. I'm really liking what the guys are doing and I'd hate for it to get canned before we see what they are fully capable of doing with the character. I doubt the Preston thing will last for more than an one arc.

If you don't mind me asking, where are these naysayers? Some of the forums? I know that no one has said anything negative about it over at CBR . . .
"Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." Lillian Hellman
shibori78

Postby hgiel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Social media sites; tumblr, twitter...Maybe it's going on at Facebook but I'm too young and hip to use that website.
hgiel

Postby shibori78 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm

hgiel wrote:Social media sites; tumblr, twitter...Maybe it's going on at Facebook but I'm too young and hip to use that website.

Ouch. Guess I'm too old and not hip. I haven't seen anything negative over on Facebook.

I read over a few reviews of the issue, which run from mediocre to highly positive. I did see a couple of negative comments about the issue and the new series . . . It's clear that many of the people who don't like this series loved Way's run.
"Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." Lillian Hellman
shibori78

Postby Spartakus X » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Don't worry. Just look at these numbers that cc008 posted:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=335
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Postby kipper2099 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:27 pm

A guy at my comic shop who has been pretty loyal through the Way run I heard tell the cashier to stop holding the Deadpool comic for him. The cashier asked why, and he replied that Deadpool is too jokey for him and isn`t being taken seriously. I also heard on iFanboy that a guy was leaving because Tony Moore is leaving for an unknown amount of time. It really makes me sad that even though this book is amazingly well written, and the art from the previews is still really well done, people still choose to leave because the artist is. Really frustrating for me as a customer who really is enjoying this book and really don`t want Marvel to pull a DC and switch the writers in the next couple issues, and definitely don`t want it being cancelled
kipper2099

Postby hgiel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:40 pm

I can understand if someone is really disappointed with the writing, but to quit the comic because of an artist change? If you were just buying it for the pictures why didn't you save your money and spend your time on Google images?
hgiel

Postby kipper2099 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Honestly! It`s soooo frustrating and annoying to me that some people are like that. The writing is still going to be fantastic and really funny. I find it too risky to buy a comic book just for an artist or writer anyways with them maybe only lasting a couple issues so I kinda don`t understand people who do that. Plus like you said, if you`re buying it just for the artist, save your money and spend your time on Google images
kipper2099

Postby PoolFan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Mike Hawthorne is the artist who is taking over on issue eight and beyond. If you haven't seen some of his Deadpool pages, take a look at his twitter or webpage and you will not be disappointed. I'm ready to say he can be the permanent artist from now on just based on his sketches.

http://www.mikehawthorneart.com
PoolFan

Postby kipper2099 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 pm

I honestly am in for the long haul. They could have Greg Land drawing the art and I`d still be buying the book. Really love Deadpool as a character and really love Brian Posehn`s and Gerry Duggan`s work, they`re really talented and funny.
kipper2099

Next

Return to Comics