Explain Please

A place to discuss anything Deadpool that just doesn't fit in one of the other forums

Explain Please

Postby Lindajewell » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:36 am

Why these three superheroes always use to fight each other? :|

Spider-man, Wolverine and Deadpool DPL
Lindajewell

Re: Explain Please

Postby richeymitsu » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Spider-Man and Wolverine are two of Marvel's most bankable characters. You'd be hard pressed to find two other characters that have as many cross-overs and team ups. 'Pool enjoyed a massive surge in popularity after the terrible Origins movie and carved a bit of a niche for himself as 'that funny one who turned up everywhere.' Statistically, they would invariably cross paths many times, and with Deadpool's profession, would normally begin with some bullets and fists in lieu of a friendly "Hello"

A less cynical answer would be that Spidey and Deadpool make a good team up from a comedy perspective. Writers can have a lot of fun playing them off against each other. Logan and Deadpool have a long, shared background and a great many things in common, but play as being poles apart personality wise. What you get is a straight-man/funny-man dynamic that lends itself to great dialogue to accompany the violence that invariably ensues.

So yeah. Marketing and character dynamics would be my answer :)
LIAR! Where's your toolbox? You've got ANTI-FREEZE!
richeymitsu

Postby Aeva » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Plus, there's the whole "Spideypool"fandom, which even Deadpool alludes to.

I like both combinations. I think richeymitsu is totally right about the polar personalities. Spidey is such a goody two-shoes compared to Wade, and Wolverine is so much more serious and aggressive.
Aeva

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:25 am

They also have a long history of being associated with each other in reader minds. Wolverine because of Weapon X, and Spiderman because Deadpool's just Spiderman with guns (do people say that anymore?)
BillyOfBillycartLane

Return to General Deadpool Discussion