T-Ray & Deadpool

A place to discuss anything Deadpool that just doesn't fit in one of the other forums

T-Ray & Deadpool

Postby porkchoppunch » Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 am

I know this is late and all but I just started rethinking about it a week or so ago.

With the events of Good,Bad,Ugly this sorta reopens the door to the T-Ray deal doesn't it? I know that was supposed to be wrapped up and we're supposed to have moved on but that whole deal never sat right with me. I was always on the fence leaning towards the T-Ray=Wade side and Deadpool=Merc who stole identity. After everything that happened in that fight Mercedes still left with T-Ray. Now that we know Deadpool's memories may not be completely accurate do you still buy the reasoning of the suit or is that just another image Butler put in his head? I still think there's some truth to what T-Ray said even if it turns out to be not 100% true, why else would T-Ray hold such a grudge against Deadpool.
porkchoppunch

Re: so...?

Postby OmegaPool » Thu May 29, 2014 9:15 am

It's possible... but wouldn't it also be possible that the whole situation, or even T-Ray himself, could have been a false memory implanted by Butler. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely be willing to see T-Ray again, just to mess with Wade some more, and I have always been hoping for some sort of resolution to that whole question.Personally, I've always been more leaning towards the Wade is actually Wade and T-Ray was either crazy or part of Wade's fractured mind, this whole thing with the Good, Bad, Ugly just sort of helped cement that theory for me.
OmegaPool

Postby porkchoppunch » Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 am

It could, but I really liked T-Ray as a villain and I always kinda hoped he'd be the villain in the never gonna happen Deadpool movie, so I'm hoping future writers keep him in continuity(one good thing Way did). Just throwing this out there though, if Deadpool was Wade why didn't Mercedes either stay with him or not leave with T-Ray. One thing I can say fairly confidently is the man who pulled the other from the lake in the story was Wade Wilson, the question is was that man T-Ray or Deadpool. We know Wade Wilson had blonde(ish) hair and so does T-Ray, until Way's run I can't remember seeing Deadpool with hair but according to Way Deadpool also has blonde hair. The guy from the lake had dark hair(black in 32 brown in 33 idk) But at the end of 33 when Mercedes gives her speech about Deadpool killing her he never really refutes it.
porkchoppunch

Postby porkchoppunch » Sat May 31, 2014 6:36 pm

So, Just got done meeting Joe Kelly today(if you checked the other thread, he came to Delaware) as someone said in there, an awesome guy. We talked for awhile, he had a pretty good story about working with McGuiness and issue 4(and Ed's timing in general lol, apparently Ed used to be late a lot)

Anyway I asked him if he had stayed whether he planned on bringing T-Ray back. He told me he did, and they had more story between him and Deadpool planned(note I say Deadpool not Wade, you'll see.) I asked him who he/they had planned on being Wade since the ending was a little unclear and Gerry and Brian pretty much left everything up to the reader now, well he confirmed my gut feeling. T-Ray, according to their plans, was Wade Wilson and Deadpool did kill him and steal the identity. He told me they had more of Deadpool's past before the murder planned out, but like an idiot I was so excited by Joe telling me T-Ray was Wade that I didn't think until the ride home I should have asked him if they had an original name planned out for Deadpool.

He also mentioned the planned Blind Al back story they were working on, if you didn't know, they were going to make Al the Black Widow of the 40's era who had a romance with Cap'. It was going to be that Al was responsible through a covert ops mission that led to Wade getting Cancer in the first place thus explaining her staying and dealing with his abuse. Now, call me crazy, but didn't they end up making this story? Either in #900 or 1000 or Cap who won't wield the shield? I swear I've seen this but I can't honestly remember if I just pictured it or if I've read it.
porkchoppunch

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Sat May 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Yeah, as Porkchoppunch confirms, it seemed highly probable that T-Ray was intended to be the real Wade until Nicieza pulled on his gum boots and started kicking more mud into the puddle (scaring away a duck colony in the process, which was a shame because I enjoyed feeding them bread crumbs on Sundays, but maybe it was for the best because they served no purpose in an already-convoluted metaphor and were really nothing more than an increasingly irritating, highly distracting, and not particularly amusing, parenthesis).

In relation to the current run, I've thought it interesting that T-Ray is albino and we've now got another white-oriented villain with a deep loathing for Deadpool. It would be interesting to see the two blurred into the same character, though I doubt such an endeavour could be pulled off successfully. T-Ray/White Man team up, however? White-themed double team?

Ok, maybe that would be bad too. This might be why I'm not a writer.

Anyway, I think this thread's title ought to be changed to something more descriptive if possible.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Re: T-Ray & Deadpool

Postby porkchoppunch » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:02 am

Thanks for the co-signing. The titles been fixed(idk who did that but thank you) When I first made the thread it was more of a question but after meeting Joe it's more of a statement which is why the original title may not have fit well.
porkchoppunch

Postby OmegaPool » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:29 am

Well damn, as a man who was a firm believer in the Deadpool is actually Wade theory, an admission from the writer himself is kind of a punch in the teeth. Ah well, I guess I'll just pretend to be blissfully ignorant again and try to ignore the evidence.
Spoiler:
Or maybe I'll just say this thread was a false memory of mine created by a psychotic mad scientist performing experiments on me in order to revive his dying sister.
Either or. I haven't decided yet.
OmegaPool

Postby cc008 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:58 am

Well luckily (or unluckily), omegapool, Kelly never got around to writing it, so it really isn't canon for those of us who thought Deadpool was the real Wade. We still really don't know as far as reading the comics go. Duggan and Posehn could surprise us with something completely different. Or they could have had discussions with Kelly about what could be done. Or they could do the exact opposite haha.
cc008

Postby mauro_azazel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:19 pm

hey friends look at the deadpool & death annual, in weapon x there are two other people alongside Wade, a girl named "michelle" and a big blonde guy named "R. Hoek". :O
mauro_azazel

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:43 pm

"R. Hoek" is a Ren & Stimpy reference. Ren's full name was Ren Hoek.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Return to General Deadpool Discussion