Deadpool's sexuality

A place to discuss anything Deadpool that just doesn't fit in one of the other forums

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby dipper.f » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 am

Alright, Major Bump Incoming!

So I'm gay, as a few of the users actually talked to know, and I really don't think Wade is queer, personally, nor do I think his comments make him Homophobic, Nor do I think it matters if he is into dudes sometimes.

The Jokes he makes are hilarious from either standpoint, I don't think the point is to say "It'd be funny if I was attracted to men" but just an interesting way to think of a generally uncomfortable situation. The Kingpin panel is exemplary in this as it'd be unexpected (regardless of his sexuality) to be aroused First of all by someone of the stature of Wilson Fisk, secondly in a situation where he's essentially being assaulted. I make jokes along those lines all the time but it's not because I'm trying to get into everyone's pants, I just acknowledge that sometimes the notion of seduction can be whimsical. Even my friends make a lot of gay jokes, and I'm out to them so it's not malicious in nature, they just find it funny for some reason, with no negative connotation. It may be considered alien or strange to them but That's expected of anything that's different from one person to another and doesn't automatically imply a pejorative intention.

On the other hand I can totally see where people are coming from with his constant homoerotic references and it'd be sort of an interesting shade in his character to have this pseudo-repressed side to his sexuality but I can't really see him being anything past bi-curious. He's really got a thing for women and we've seen clear emotion depicted towards all the ladies that everyone's gone out and listed, and Yes, just because something isn't seen on panel that doesn't mean it doesn't exist but So far it hasn't been confirmed clearly and anything further is just speculation. Plus I can't really imagine him putting up with a dude in a relationship, or the other way around.

I think he's really about the pussy, but just comfortable, and dumb.
I can be Hurtful

I can be

I can be Anything you like
dipper.f

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:44 am

Thanks for your perspective, dipper. I'm a little uncomfortable seeing this thread pop up again, though. I don't think it went very well, and feel bad that hgiel seemed to have been made to feel bad.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby Micigniter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Just browsing the post's. "Omni" as I understand loosely (won't get in depth here) means "everywhere" as an audio guy. Bass is "omni-directional", which means no matter where it is, effects are basically the same. Hence you put sub-woofers anywhere you can fit them in a car and the effect is the same. Lows are deeper, etc. Bass travels everywhere. Omni. Now to come full circle I don't believe D.P is homosexual, but in reality he realizes the connotations people puts on things, and likes to stir it up a bit. Mess with people. Personally I don't understand why someones sexual preference has become a topic of discussion. Although I do, society, etc has made this an issue. It has seeped through all forms of media, television, high profile celeb's. When the funny thing is, who cares if your "gay"??? I don't and no one else should. Do I think D.P likes men? No. Bug's Bunny laid smooches to ppl on the lips, this is an old schtick. It's about invoking peoples reactions.
"Wisdom can NEVER be taught, and we must decide the truth for ourselves"
Micigniter

Postby mercforhire » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:43 pm

DPL hes sortive what most people call bisexuel i am myself or pan sexuel
DPL
DPL Just A DeadPool Geek Born and Raised A MassHole!!DPL
mercforhire

Postby bairdduvessa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:58 pm

i really don't think he really thinks about it. he is probably hetero normaltive, but just plain creepy. people put too much emphasis on pigeonholing categories when it comes to sexuality.
yes we can argue bi sexuality because of the dreams he had with cable, but he was also linked with cable at the time mentally and physically so they were feeling what each other felt on a subconscious level.
We can argue for pan sexual or omni sexual as well.
or he could be a perverted asexual type like i am. where the flirting and perversion is there just to push people away, or to blend in.
but the truth is, it doesn't matter.
i think deadpool's sexuality is whatever the reader themselves feel they are.
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Postby John Prime » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Deadpool is heterosexual. In the comic the "hetero" scenes sometimes are quite serious, while "homosexual/bisexual" (I don't say "pansexual" too, 'cause I think that DP will take fun on a trans/transgender) are always made purely for making the fans laughing.
John Prime

Postby Aeva » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 pm

I realize this was said since most of this thread took place, but I figured I'd point it out for people reading it in the future:

Fabian Nicieza has said that Deadpool is sexually fluid, because of his constant regeneration. If somebody who created the character says it, that's good enough for me, and should be for everybody.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... -sexuality
Aeva

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:00 am

Aeva wrote:If somebody who created the character says it, that's good enough for me, and should be for everybody.

Not necessarily. Retrospective addendum is not how you craft a work. You include it in the text at the time of writing. Once the final production is released, interpretation becomes the audience's responsibility. Just because you thought something while writing doesn't mean you expressed it.

Besides, the stuff about Deadpool's mental state being totally fluid is not how he originally wrote the character. That's a rewrite he implemented in Cable and Deadpool, and one that I consider pretty inane. The more closely a writer cleaves to that concept, the more badly he ends up writing Deadpool. It was basically the core of Way's work.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby andribond » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:50 pm

I still think Deadpool is straight
andribond

Postby clutchNthrottle » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:27 pm

News flash: Deadpool is a FICTIONAL character. He can swing any way the writer wants him to.

Im sure if you look hard enough, you can find some steamy fan-fiction with any given number of characters, real or not. Personally I'm not into the anime tentacle gene but throw Deadpool in with Constrictor and you have the makings for a potentially hilarious and/or erotic story depending on the readers perception, regardless of the writers intent.

That's what it boils down to though is perception and if you look hard enough and had the desire to you could make a case of sexual ambiguousness for ANY character with just a little imagination. IMO nothing I've seen or read indicates that Deadpool is anything other than Hetero-Adventurous. If Fabian's/Way's intent was to make him anything but that, it flew straight over my head (and most of everyone else's too).

On the flip side though, if poly-bi-sapio-power-bottom-ish-curious Deadpool makes the character more interesting/relatable to you personally, GREAT... whatever makes the experience more enjoyable for you, then more power to ya! ...just don't come knocking at my door at 9am on a Saturday to try and persuade me that your interpretation is the "correct" one. Until Deadpool is depicted in official Marvel canon on the Springer show for breaking up North Star's relationship, Wade is all about the poontang!
clutchNthrottle

PreviousNext

Return to General Deadpool Discussion