Deadpool's sexuality

A place to discuss anything Deadpool that just doesn't fit in one of the other forums

Deadpool's sexuality

Postby hgiel » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Last night on twitter Gerry Duggan confirmed that Deadpool is omnisexual (a.k.a. pansexual/bisexual)

I'm genuinely interested in everyone's opinion of this.
User avatar
hgiel
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am
Location: California, America

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby Dhoonib » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm not 100% ready to buy that. Deadpool has been shown for years to be all about pretty ladies. Gerry Duggan's Twitter is full of a lot of jokes and general goofiness (would you expect anything else from a writer of Deadpool?). Gerry's "confirmation" of Deadpool's sexuality was in response to a blog where the person insisted that Deadpool and Madcap from the annual where their bodies and minds melded together which was suppose to explain Adam Way's uses of multiple personalities and different text boxes was a love affair. And judging from even the context of the panel I don't think Acker and Blacker meant for the relationship of Madcap and DP to be anything other than funny and really strange. In the past Fabien Nicieza has made use of DP's dreams where he is massaging Cable but yet again it was humorous affect. Nothing shows Pool liking anything other than women.

To be completely honest I really don't care if DP is bi, gay or straight he is great character but I just don't see the text supporting anything other than him being straight unless you count some of his dreams from past writers. Until Brian and Gerry make it more than a joke I just don't buy it. Plus that would make DP like a funny Daken, which is a strange thought in and of itself.
User avatar
Dhoonib
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby porkchoppunch » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Dhoonib wrote:I'm not 100% ready to buy that. Deadpool has been shown for years to be all about pretty ladies. Gerry Duggan's Twitter is full of a lot of jokes and general goofiness (would you expect anything else from a writer of Deadpool?). Gerry's "confirmation" of Deadpool's sexuality was in response to a blog where the person insisted that Deadpool and Madcap from the annual where their bodies and minds melded together which was suppose to explain Adam Way's uses of multiple personalities and different text boxes was a love affair. And judging from even the context of the panel I don't think Acker and Blacker meant for the relationship of Madcap and DP to be anything other than funny and really strange. In the past Fabien Nicieza has made use of DP's dreams where he is massaging Cable but yet again it was humorous affect. Nothing shows Pool liking anything other than women.

To be completely honest I really don't care if DP is bi, gay or straight he is great character but I just don't see the text supporting anything other than him being straight unless you count some of his dreams from past writers. Until Brian and Gerry make it more than a joke I just don't buy it. Plus that would make DP like a funny Daken, which is a strange thought in and of itself.


I think you meant Daniel Way not Adam Way.

As for his sexuality the only actual interest he's shown in the comics(that I can recall) is Siryin. I think after Siryin told him no, he went Asexual. That is just my take on it but I can't really think of any character since her that Deadpool has been in "Love" with.
porkchoppunch
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby Dhoonib » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Crap I meant Daniel not Adam. That's what you get for not proof reading. But I can think of a few. He hit on Black Widow and the Doctor lady in Way's run. Also he has or had a thing for Elektra in Thunderbolts. It was implied he had some chemistry for Zoe Culloden as well.
Last edited by Dhoonib on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dhoonib
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby cc008 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:09 pm

I highly doubt it.. but I'm not the one penning the stories. I haven't seen anything to support that ever. From his relationship to Siryn, to Death being a beautiful woman figure in his vision, to crushing on Elektra in Thunderbolts and admitting he loved Psylocke in Battle of the Atom. Proof is in the pudding.
User avatar
cc008
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby shibori78 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Interesting topic to discuss... sexuality is very subjective, and I imagine someone such as Deadpool would have some out-of-the-norm proclivities. That being said, I lean more toward hetero, with a dash of pansexuality. His lovers have all been female --Carmelita, Copycat, Siryn, Broken Blade, Outlaw to name a few-- and he hits on any woman he finds attractive. He seemed to find Orska (a grotesque alien) attractive, he had the hots for Big Bertha, and of course a thing for Bea Arthur. I imagine it's fair to say those three examples fall into fetish territory. He seems to enjoy cross dressing, which isn't an indication of anything other than he gets off on wearing women's clothing, or perhaps the reaction it provokes in others.
I know there have been a few instances that seem to indicate bisexuality, but nothing conclusive. Deadpool appeared to have some repressed fantasy about Cable in Cable and Deadpool, but I interpreted that fantasy as something that was instigated by Black Mamba---a manipulation of her darkforce abilities.
Duggan was probably joking. However, if he intends on exploring new territory, I'm game.
"Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." Lillian Hellman
User avatar
shibori78
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 pm
Location: Titusville, Florida

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby Dhoonib » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 pm

How could we forget Copycat and of course Bea Arthur. Again my thinking is hetro unless Brian and Gerry change it.
User avatar
Dhoonib
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby hgiel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:40 pm

cc008 wrote:I highly doubt it.. but I'm not the one penning the stories. I haven't seen anything to support that ever. From his relationship to Siryn, to Death being a beautiful woman figure in his vision, to crushing on Elektra in Thunderbolts and admitting he loved Psylocke in Battle of the Atom. Proof is in the pudding.


There is a great example, Psylocke.

Why is this scene interpreted to be a genuine attraction from Deadpool

Image

But this isn't?

Image

Or this?

Image

We see Deadpool have a long history of flirting with men and talking about being sexual with many of them, but it still isn't enough. What would be the line for you guys? What would you have to see Deadpool doing before his his heterosexual label is dropped?

I know I sound antagonistic but I am just curious about your culture.
User avatar
hgiel
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am
Location: California, America

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby cc008 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Dhoonib wrote:How could we forget Copycat and of course Bea Arthur. Again my thinking is hetro unless Brian and Gerry change it.


Yea, I agree. Copycat (pre-psyho) more so than Bea Arthur. He's had plenty genuine moments with women where it's evident he actually has feelings for them, while the moments and interactions with guys have been in a more joking or playful manner.

I don't care what his sexuality is either but it just doesn't seem to me like he could seriously be gay or bi. And Duggan's tweet seemed like the "he'll bang anything with a pulse," joke that I've heard hundreds of times.
User avatar
cc008
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Deadpool's sexuality

Postby Dhoonib » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:02 am

He would have to have a relationship like he had with Siryn or being intimate (kissing or otherwise) with a guy. But really it's hard for me to take anything in terms of what DP says with men or even women when he is fighting or getting beaten. I think this is an interesting line of thinking for such a motor mouth character. Remember his greatest weapon is his mouth. So to use even some of the examples of things DP said to women or men during battle is not evidence to me. It's a little like trash talking for him. He uses things like that to knock his opponents off balance. I still think Deadpool is straight but if flirting or groping could make someone like Taskmaster or Winter Solider fall off their game he will do it.
User avatar
Dhoonib
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Next

Return to General Deadpool Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

x