New Deadpool Bugle Layout

A place to post stuff that doesn't fit in the other categories or whatever random thing you want

New Deadpool Bugle Layout

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:31 pm

This has been a long time coming, but a totally new site design is up. The last major overhaul was done FIVE years ago, and it was definitely starting to show.

Five years is a long time, and the world of Deadoool news is different. Back then, there were a lot fewer posts per week, and it was almost only news about comics. There is still lots of comic news, but obviously the movie is producing a ton of news, and the amount Deadpool merchandise is insane. By breaking out the news into 3 seconds it allows people to quickly see all the news for what they are most interested in.

I also recognize that social media has changed how people read the site. They aren’t coming as often to get the news, but instead let the news come to them via stuff like twitter and facebook. Having a thumbnail and headline on the front page means that when you actually do come to the site you can see all a lot more info all at once.

I recognize not everyone will appreciate the change, but I have to what is best for the site as a whole. If anyone really misses having full articles on the front page chronologically, this is the best solution I have for you: http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/view/classic

I think the updated design adds legitimacy to the site. Looks more like a real news site and less like the hobby site of one guy who can’t focus that much time on it (which is what it actually is)

Let me know if anything isn’t working or you run into issue. Comments aren’t working at the moment, but I hope to have them up soon. It was the one thing I couldn’t test before going live, and go figure it doesn’t work.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Re: New Deadpool Bugle Layout

Postby slayve » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:37 am

It looks really good and I like that everything is divided up categorically. Great job!
slayve

Postby misterviking » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:06 am

I'm sure I'll get used to it quick enough. Looks sensible enough.
misterviking

Postby Frozenbanana00 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:25 am

Nice and easy to follow with a slick design :D
Frozenbanana00

Postby PoolFan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:22 am

Looks great Ben! The only thing I don't see is the button to get to the forums main page.
PoolFan

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:35 am

PoolFan wrote:Looks great Ben! The only thing I don't see is the button to get to the forums main page.

Thanks! There is a link right under the logo and I have the recent forum posts in the sidebar on the right, but I'll look into making it a bit more obvious.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby PoolFan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 am

I figured it out. I usually have my internet browser open on my vertical monitor whit I work on my horizontal monitor. I moved the browser to the horizontal screen an these tabs magically appeared.

Vertical

Horizontal

PoolFan

Postby PoolFan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:45 am

The link is also not visible on my phone browser.

PoolFan

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:03 am

I'll have to do some tweaks, it is all very responsive, so when the screen gets narrow the forum link gets put into that navigation button. Thanks for the feedback.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Woah new site

Postby porkchoppunch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:49 am

This will take some getting used to. How's everyone liking it so far?
porkchoppunch

Next

Return to Anything Goes