Introduce Yourself

A place to post stuff that doesn't fit in the other categories or whatever random thing you want

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby andribond » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:23 pm

chimichangga
just call me bond i'm from Indonesia
I love deadpool DPL
andribond

Postby Wade » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:45 am

Hi everyone,I'm Mario and I ran into this place Googling some Deadpool stuff.I've always been a fan of Marvel comics and really like the Deadpool character.I lost a lot of my old comic books including my Deadpools ones when I moved years back,but I still have other things Deadpool still in my collection!Lol.Really glad I found this forum and look forward to checking out the rest! DPL
Wade

Postby PoolFan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:23 am

Welcome to the forums Mario.
PoolFan

Postby Black_Tarantula » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi there!

I'm Al, from Spain. I learned to read with comics, and I've been reading them until today.

Marvel has always been special. As I child I loved Spider-man and watched his 90s TV show. There I learnt about the Marvel Universe and its characters. However, I did not know about Deadpool until the late 2000s.

Two years ago, I read my first Deadpool comic. It was from the Joe Kelly era, and I loved it. Since then, I have continued reading, and have read the most of the main material by now.

My favorite artist on Deadpool is Tony Moore, not the most usual choice, I guess. Just love his artwork... I hope him returning to the character again soon, like for an arc in the current series. That'd be awesome for me :)

Dunno what else to say! I've given you quite a speech already. Happy to write here and being part of this crew. Nice to meet you all!
Black_Tarantula

Postby PoolFan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forums Al.
PoolFan

Postby Lovingtacos » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi! I've been peaking on the forums for a while now and have decided to join them. There's not much to tell about me aside that I like Deadpool as much as anybody else here :-)

I have, however, a question: looking into older posts, it seems the activity here has decreased. It seems too that there were more comments on the host/main web. Does anybody know why?
Lovingtacos

Postby Wolfette » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:48 am

Not sure if anyone still cares to see this, but here goes:

My name is Lin, and I usually lurk in the corner. I learned about Deadpool when my husband bought the game back in 2013, and after watching him play I was so captivated and amazed I had to know more. I discovered an intriguing and complex character that has truly gone under appreciated. Now I do my best not to bankrupt myself whenever new merch comes out, and I've lived on eBay buying any issues, series, and anthologies I can find despite having dedicated 3/4 of my phone memory to digital comics ('cause I need something to do at work). I love learning things about Deadpool, and it's amazing to go from his inception to his current state and watch him transform into a unique pop culture personality that will hopefully entertain generations to come...as long as they're older. Kids should probably not see a man get gored by an elephant or shot full of holes by a Japanese macaque.
Also, I'm probably the only person in the first world that didn't like the movie and couldn't care less about this sequel.

Now back to my corner.
Wolfette

Postby PoolFan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Welcome to the forum, Lin.

What is it about the film that you do not like? I would think that someone who came to know Deadpool first through that video game would not be put off with the adultness of the film. I’ve been a fan/collector of Deadpool since the earliest days of the character and I didn’t really care for the representation in the game but I loved the movie.

Are you a fan of the alternative versions of Deadpool comics, ie Deadpool MAX, Deadpool Kills..., Night of the Living Deadpool?
PoolFan

Postby Wolfette » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:06 am

To be perfectly blunt, I just didn't like the way Ryan Reynolds portrayed him. It had nothing to do with the vulgarity or violence. I love those things about Deadpool, just as much as the comedic, serious and somber moments And I know it was a movie and there is only so much time they can spend on origin stories, but I didn't like the whole "forced mutation" angle, nor did I like the absence of Killebrew, the way they dead pool was some stupid bar game, the fact that Weasel owned a bar at all. I don't much care for TJ Miller or Ryan Reynolds AT ALL.....I am by no means a Deadpool expert, but it felt rushed and sloppy. I read on some website, maybe on comicbook.com or geektyrant, that the movie is supposed to fit into a specific marvel universe along with the rest of the Fox properties, and really no comic-to-movie adaptation is set in 616 as far as I can tell (otherwise Steve Rogers would have been hailing Hydra instead of being caught in a love triangle in CA:CW), but none of the X-Men stories have sat right with me, and the Deadpool movie is the worst offender. In my opinion, they could have gotten closer to his actual origin. Despite the various writers it has been pretty consistent, give or take a few minor detail changes. Unless I missed something....

I love love LOVE the Deadpool Kills series! The Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe Again was so tragic, and I liked it better than the first one. And I was all in for the Spiderman/Deadpool until Kelly and McGuinness finished their run. It may still technically be 616, but it had some of the best art and story since the early Cable and Deadpool issues when Zircher was illustrating. Now it is complete garbage. And I am, and always will be, very concused by Deadpool Pulp. I just. Don't. Get it.

Now this is why I don't comment on the corum. I get going and just don't quit. I can be rather annoying. Sorry.
Wolfette

Postby ReeceK » Sat May 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Anyone who still reads this.

I'm Reece, a long, long, long time lurker (since around 2012). I thought it about time i registered.
I've been a DP fan since early on. My favorite story arcs are most of the Cable and Deadpool run and Deadpool Corps in Space (my number 1 favorite arc).

There were a few story aspects of the movie i thought should have followed the comics a bit closer, but i understand that constraints were put on them by Fox and Marvel when it came to characters, and there are certainly some things in the comics that should never be put on screen (e.g. the torture room for Blind Al). Overall i thought it was good.
ReeceK

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes