The Flash [SPOILERS]

Discuss all the TV and Movies you are into

The Flash [SPOILERS]

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:28 am

Any one else watching The Flash? Second season just started and I had a question after the first 2 episodes, but none of my friends watch it so I have no one to talk to about it.

In the first 2 episodes, the Flash kills those two other metahumans, right? They made so much of a stink last season about imprisoning people, and now he just kills them? Maybe he feels it doesn't count because they are form Earth 2?
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Re: The Flash [SPOILERS]

Postby Spartakus X » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 am

I watch it. Mixed feelings. The Flash & Arrow are incredible cheesy shows, but I'm hooked. When they leave soap opera territory and get all superhero-y they are actually really decent shows. They are good at building up their "comic style big events", but some of their filler plots are so forgetable, to say the least.
Can't even remember this or those specific "monsters of the week".
DeadpoolBugle wrote:In the first 2 episodes, the Flash kills those two other metahumans, right?

I always keep on wondering. That prison of theirs. They keep people in plain tubes for an indefinite time? No bed, no toilet? Just a tube? In total isolation? I'm not even sure whether or not that stuff on the interior walls is at least padding. So off-putting.

DeadpoolBugle wrote:They made so much of a stink last season about imprisoning people, and now he just kills them? Maybe he feels it doesn't count because they are form Earth 2?

I think it's because they are trying to develop his character. Berry is starting to become a seasoned hero, still conflicted though. Moral dilemmas, with great power comes etc...
Dealing with death is somewhat of a theme here at the moment. Putting behind his mom's murder, dealing with Ronny being gone (again, until
he's back, again) & coping with "how much, is too much of a sacrifice as a hero". Does he really need to put other lives, all other lives including
villains, above his own? In a way, I think they kinda tried to touch "survivors guilt" or something. In a sense it's the same what was dealt with
in Arrow for a long time. The does and don'ts of heroism.

Anyways, you like Arrow too? Constantin? Arrow Constantin crossover last week? :)

As far as "The Flash" goes. Did you also think, they wrote his dad out...rather harshly? Like: "We don't know how to place him in the show anymore, let's just make him say 'I'm leaving. Later.' " Also recently "Iris West", the way Candice Patton play her, is like an imitation of Katie Cassidy/Laurel Lance. That "romance" between Barry & Iris is one of the worst aspects of the show to me, as he essentially has a crush on his own sister. I don't care if he's adopted. If they grew up together from age 10, then that's your sister dude, hit on someone else!

There's a lot to poke at with these DC tv adaptions, but the wading through has good payoffs.

See ya later at "The CW anonymous".
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Return to TV/Movies