Ant-Man news

Discuss all the TV and Movies you are into

Ant-Man news

Postby MartyrPool » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/1/13 ... ls_ant-man

So Michael Douglas has Hank Pym and Paul Rudd as Scott Lang. I'm not excited about Michael Douglas playing Hank Pym. He's a great actor, but I just don't see it.
MartyrPool

Re: Ant-Man news

Postby DeadpoolFool » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 pm

I trust Edgar Wright. All of his films are structurally well-built and entertaining.

Personally when it comes to Marvel's cinematic universe, I don't care who they get to play the character. Just as long as they nail the personality and abilities of the character than I don't care who they get. When it comes to things like age, sex, race, and other physical attributes they often don't define a character. Obviously there are some exceptions to the rule (Can't have a Caucasian Black Panther).

Besides, this film is about Scott Lang. Hank Pym is just the guy who created the Pym particles now. I think the idea of a superhero Crime film with shrinking sounds awesome.
DeadpoolFool

Postby MartyrPool » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:27 pm

I love Edgar Wright's movies. They are great. I'm sure this movie will be good as well. I'm definitely not counting it out yet, but some of the rage I read last night was unbelievable.
MartyrPool

Postby DoctorDP » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 pm

I honestly don't care enough about Ant-Man to be angry, but I can understand why some people are getting their nickers in a twist. What I don't understand is why anyone cares enough about Ant-Man to get their nickers in a twist.

Oh, and he punched his wife once. That's probably why their not leading with Hank Pym.
DoctorDP

Postby bairdduvessa » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 pm

mr zeta jones can do nerdy and even angry, look at world falling down. i'm just bummed that they aren't doing the eric o'grady version
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Postby Dhoonib » Wed May 28, 2014 9:44 pm

So just in case you guys haven't seen Edgar Wright has left the production. The report is that it's over script notes Marvel had for Wright about helping to expand the universe as well as have a place for Ant-Man in the universe. Wright and his cowriter Joe Corbish couldn't deliver and the script was given a rewrite by some of Marvel's script writers and the finished product caused Wright to leave.

I want to say I'm disappointed but....I'm not. Don't get me wrong I really like Wright but he has been working on this movie since 2006 and principal photography hasn't started yet. His involment with Ant-Man was announced when RDJ was announced as Iron Man. That's been quite a long time. I really hope the movie is good, whoever the director is.
Dhoonib

Postby lastActionHero » Wed May 27, 2015 2:01 am

I think Ant-Man will be like Guardians and be a huge sleeper hit.
I want to be a CFO of a big publishing company, just like Maureen O'Connell Scholastic
lastActionHero

Return to TV/Movies