What did you think of Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

Discuss all the TV and Movies you are into

Re: What did you think of Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

Postby The Mast » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Oh, of course. If you liked them, you liked them. There's no right or wrong.

As a director, he's shit, though. Cinematically. Michael Bay's direction is like someone fast-forwarding through their own movie.

Dreadful. Not to mention that he actually took direct scenes from The Island and used them in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. A hack if there ever was one. He couldn't even direct a Victoria's Secret commercial without somehow putting an explosion in.

The only movies of his that entertained me were Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2, and that rests squarely on Smith and Lawrence.
The Mast

Postby Ramystein » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:54 pm

The Mast wrote:Oh, of course. If you liked them, you liked them. There's no right or wrong.

As a director, he's shit, though. Cinematically. Michael Bay's direction is like someone fast-forwarding through their own movie.

Dreadful. Not to mention that he actually took direct scenes from The Island and used them in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. A hack if there ever was one. He couldn't even direct a Victoria's Secret commercial without somehow putting an explosion in.

The only movies of his that entertained me were Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2, and that rests squarely on Smith and Lawrence.

I was never a fan of his. Tourture for me was my friend who loves Bad Boys 1 and 2 forced me and a friend to watch Bad Boys 2 as we lay there incapacitated from a hangover and some other shit in our system. WE didn't stand a chance. Just laying there, groaning for him to make it stop. To say we couldn't get into that movie is an undertatement. Don't get me wrong, I used to watch Fresh Prince of Belair all the time, and Martin since I probably have some addiction to tv and would just watch whatever shit was on tv at the time (that and my parents were too cheap to buy cable so I was stuck with basic channels). What I'm trying to say is, don't let homeless people know there is pizza in your bag you are holding as you walk to the train in uptown Manhattan.
Tickle me and rub my belly.
Ramystein

Postby poolshostage » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 pm

You will not be ridiculed i love all 3 movies and will be buying it!
I have a Brain, it's just not allways working
poolshostage

Postby Spartakus X » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 pm

"Not to mention that he actually took direct scenes from The Island and used them in Transformers"

That is shameful and Way-stiled lazy/undedicated!

Last good Michael Bay movie: Armageddon (Bad Boys and The Rock are great too).

These just weren't "my" Transformers.

Needless to say, I'm less than happy with him rebooting TMNT...
Comedy too can sometimes discern what is right. I shall not please, but I shall say what is true.

--ARISTOPHANES
Spartakus X

Postby lastActionHero » Fri May 29, 2015 8:42 am

I just saw this movie and this movie needs more explosions and more botox for blondie's lips...and more convenient circumstances for how to get out of a shitty situation.
I want to be a CFO of a big publishing company, just like Maureen O'Connell Scholastic
lastActionHero

Previous

Return to TV/Movies